Secret Dining - Supper Clubs in London Message Board › Considering having the first meetup for this group.

Considering having the first meetup for this group.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,

I am considering running the first event at my home. I am a technology entrepreneur but have a passion for rustic cooking and fabulous wines.

Here is what I was thinking:

• 1 seating @ 8pm
  • 4 courses - thinking about a smoked fish, a risotto, meat and sweet course.. but not sure yet. All organic, and locally sourced as much as possible.
  • 4 paired wines - likely from the old world but it will depend on the final menu
  • 8 people - its not a huge flat but we can do 8 people very comfortably with both glassware and table space

Location would be at our flat in the Little Venice area.

some questions:

• Is this interesting to people? Would you come?
  • What would you expect to pay? (with bubbles and 4 paired wines)
  • Does the time work? Would Saturday or Sunday be more appealing?
  • Would you be willing to provide honest (and hopefully constructive) feedback before leaving?
  • Are you ok with the menu and wines being fixed?

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope to get the event together in May!
lizzit
user 6549568
London, GB
Post #: 5
I'd love something like this if I were free, so yes it's interesting, but no, I can't come.

I'd pay whatever you set for a price; you know what's fair for your cooking style. For a "real" restaurant, the price is set at 4 times the ingredient cost. I don't know what the rule of thumb is for a supper club, but I'm guessing something similar, maybe 3 times.

Evenings are fine in general.

I'd never diss you!

I'm okay with menu and wine being fixed; that's the way it is for supper clubs.
A former member
Post #: 2
Yes I will definitely come to your dinner.
I will pay what you ask for; you will provide a menu before hand?
Saturday or Sunday works for me, as long as I have enough notice.
Feedback should only be provided if you can do better and at that time put your money where your mouth is and invite everybody to yours.
Menu and wine should be fixed otherwise how else will you be able to do this.
Looking forward to read more responses. Excellent idea. I can't cook!