1600 Grant St, Denver, CO
**** UPDATE: CANCELLATION NOTICE ****
Due to an atypically high volunteer turnout at the Grant Avenue Street Reach next week we will have to CANCEL this activity.
If you are interested in an alternative opportunity that day, Groundwork Denver has a project called "Strive to Not Drive". They can use some folks who are willing to head up to NW Denver to distribute a bunch of informational packets to homeowners/renters who have requested information related to reducing single-occupant vehicle trips.
Please contact me (Chauncey) if you would like to participate.
Apologies for the late cancellation!
Every Monday, volunteers at Grant Avenue Street Reach serve a hot meal to over 800 people. The Secular Hub will be helping feed the hungry on March 24.
Here’s what you need to know:
• We will be there at 10, but you can come any time before 5 and stay as long as you'd like.
• Don’t wear fancy clothes.
• Here’s a link to their website, which also links their FAQs: http://streetreach.wordpress.com/
• They are not a Church organization, but hosted in a church space. You can be atheist/secular/freethinker or whatever you are. We will be wearing our glamorous Secular Hub t-shirts and if you don’t have one you should get one, don’t you think?
• All service opportunities earn you a decorative dot on your name badge, and what could be better?
• If you plan to come, it would be very helpful if you sign up on the meetup. They will want us to let them know if we bring a large group, which would of course be great.
See you there!
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers