From June 12th to 15th, Denver Public Library (DPL) will be holding their annual Used Book Sale, offering over 70,000 books, CDs, DVDs and audio books at bargain prices.
Many in our community are passionate about reading, as is evidenced by no fewer than two book groups, our tutoring association with Reading Partners, and the many thoughtful and educated discussions amongst our members.
So this year, we'd like to ask your help in making this event a success on what is probably their biggest day--Saturday, June 14th.
Volunteer Positions include:
• Volunteer Check In Greeter
• Rest-A-Bag Attendant
• Book Re-Stocker
We have committed to providing a set number of volunteers for the event. To help us ensure we meet our goal, please RSVP in the affirmative only if you can commit to attending.
-- Additional Information from our Hosts --
All required training has been scheduled into our volunteer shift. Those assigned as Greeters working in the Volunteer Tent will need to arrive 30 minutes prior to shift time.
Some helpful information:
· Upon arrival, please register at the table located in the volunteer Check-in Tent and pick up your apron to be worn during your shift. Please check the pockets for personal items, before returning it at the end of your shift.
· Dress comfortably. Dress appropriately for the weather.
· For security purposes, bring as few personal items as possible and please do not bring items of value. There will be no secured storage space and the library will not be responsible for lost items.
· Complimentary parking will be available in the Cultural Center Parking Garage at 12th Avenue & Broadway; enter the garage from 12th Avenue. Vouchers will be passed out in the Volunteer Tent.
· Lunch or Dinner will be provided, along with water and beverages during your volunteer shift.