South Bay Selenium Meetup Message Board › Another job at Hitachi Data Systems
Software Engineer –Tools Development
Job ID - 009950
We are looking for an experienced test automation developer to design and develop software in Python for testing a scale-out distributed file system, for the eScale engineering group. The successful candidate will be building and maintaining internal software tools, building testing frameworks, improving code, etc. These tools are key to testing some of their products and help improve the quality of code that the developers submit. This is a very visible position within the organization.
• Lead the continued development and expansion of the Automation Frameworks developed and used by the eScale Team
• Gathers requirements, architects, documents, and implements new tools.
• Design and develop tools that quickly and easily emulate network scenarios and anomalies
• View automation as a means to get things done quickly.
• Implement automated test suites from existing test plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE or related fields
• Fluency and Object Oriented Perl and/or Python
• Minimum 6 years experience developing test frameworks or applications in a network environment
• Strong ability to quickly understand, expand, and integrate existing automation frameworks written in Perl and Python
• Writes clear, maintainable, and portable code.
• Strong ability to quickly identify and focus on the critical aspects of a task and deliver results
• Self-motivated with a desire to take ownership of the development for a major software system
• Strong experience with Unix/Linux
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
Knowledge of the following areas a bonus:
• Test infrastructure tools (e.g. Test Director, Quality Center, Testlink, Bugzilla)
• Testing of large, scale out storage systems such as those used by Facebook or EBay
• File systems
• NFS or CIFS/SMB
• Client-server architectures
• Unit and white box testing
• Object oriented programming