South Bay Selenium Meetup Message Board › Selenium page object best practices with bad examples

Selenium page object best practices with bad examples

David
user 10176729
San Jose, CA
Post #: 16
Selenium with page objects are the way to go, but beyond simple examples you see on the web, it can be tricky when you have more complex scenarios to model into page objects.

Would be interesting if we have any experts or just users who could give talks about their experiences (good/bad) with page objects and any best practices and bad examples of page object implementations that could be reworked. That would be good for future meetups.

Here's a good reference to what I'm talking about: https://groups.google...­
Mary Ann M.
mam-p
San Jose, CA
Post #: 14
Hi David! I'm sorry it has taken me almost 5 months to respond to your post. What do you think about us devoting an upcoming Meetup to a bunch of short presentations on this topic? I'm envisioning one speaker per language. (Although in the case of JS, one speaker per API might be more relevant since there are so many!) Would you be willing to be one of the presenters? If so, which language/framework would you be presenting on?

I could announce this plan tonight in the hopes of getting volunteers from the audience to sign up right away!

--Mary Ann
David
user 10176729
San Jose, CA
Post #: 20
Missed your reply last month, I don't monitor discussions here myself.

I think your suggestion is a great idea. I can be a presenter, and can present for Java with JUnit. Although what I hand in minde to present is generic to page object design principles and experiences rather than the actual code implementation specifics - it can apply to any language chosen.