March 30, 2010 · 5:00 PM
The Semantic Web, Web 3.0, SemWeb...
It’s Blazin’ Our Way and Changing How We Use the Internet.
Join us for a brief presentation about
WHAT it is, HOW it works and WHY you should care.
The President of FacetNow.com will introduce you to the basic concepts of Web 3.0,
the revenue potential, and how to get started.
Cost: Free. No Host Bar/Food.
Networking: 5-5:30 pm
Program Starts at 5:30 pm
Part 1: SemWeb 101
• What it is
• How it is different
• Who is already using it
Part II: How SemWeb Works
• URLs vs. URIs
• Data Ontologies
• Connecting to the Linked Data Universe
Part III: Why You Should Care
• Potential new revenue streams
• Brand enhancement
• Implications for business
• Implications for front-end
• Implications for back-end
Part IV: How to Get Started
• The state of your current data
• How can you leverage it to build your business and your brand?
• Conversion options
• Hosting options
Part V: Interactive Exercise – Build a Wine Ontology
• Sample ontologies
• Go wild with whiteboards (Have fun building one right now)
• Wine available for inspiration.
• Learn to make money & have fun with Web 3.0