We all are fellow travelers on the road in search for home~ a place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. A long journey full of adventures is awaiting for us to explore and a silent whispering awakens our dormant spirits, "Do not fear but believe".
Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful mix of styles and sounds.
1. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: You don't need to be an expert to organize an awesome group. All you need is something you deeply care about and a passion to bring people together. Get started right away by letting us know WHAT you'd like your group to be about and we'll help you throughout the whole process of starting and building your group, using SEOUL VILLAGE as a platform to support and promote your activities.
Here are some of our regular activities~
- Language Sessions: Weekly Korean sessions (Basic and Intermediate), Weekly Spanish Conversation Clubs, 24x7 Group Chat rooms in Kakaotalk (Korean, Spanish, English and French), Survival sessions for Spanish, Korean and English, etc.
- Cultural Experiences: Tasting Live Squid and Hairy Crab at Noryangjin Seafood market, Getting a Full-body Scrubbing Massage at Jjimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Recording your own favorite Songs at Noraebang, Food Tasting tours in Traditional Markets, etc.
- Fun Events: Going to International Restaurants for EXOTIC Cuisines, Group Visits to interesting Festivals and Touristic places, Girl's Chat Nights, Salsa and ChaCha Dance sessions, Free Hugs at some of the busiest places in town, Joint Birthday Dinners, International Movie Nights, etc.
- Outdoor activities: Walking Tours, Group Hiking, Bike Riding and Yoga at Han River Park, Drawing sessions at the Royal Palace, etc.
- Sharing Your Knowledge and Skills: Introducing your Home Country to others, Leading Conversation sessions in your Favorite Language(Offline/SKYPE), Teaching others How to Cook and Bake, Teaching others How to Become a Tour Guide/Translator, Sharing your Books and Hometown Music with others, etc.
2. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOME DINNER OR PERHAPS FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: If you are new to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you and invite all those members who are interested in sharing their experiences of having lived in Seoul. We can also introduce you a LOCAL BUDDY for some personalized support.
Hopefully, you'll find these activities helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do our best with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends coming from the different corners of the world.