We want to create a kind of place that feels like home for anybody who yearns for one. A place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful unique fusion.
If you'd like us to organize any fun activity of your preference and invite other members to join you, please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org or Kakaotalk id fromchile or 010 7236 9302.
1. WOULD YOU LIKE US TO FIND YOU A LANGUAGE BUDDY FOR YOUR LANGUAGE OF INTEREST AND WHAT WOULD THAT LANGUAGE BE?: Whatever that language may be, let us know and we'll find you a language buddy who can benefit likewise from your language of fluency. If you prefer interacting in a group format, we can also organize a conversation group for your language of preference.
2. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: Most hobbyists are passionate about what they do & love sharing their ideas, knowledge & accomplishments with others who enjoy the same hobby. All you have to do is ask us to organize an activity related to your favorite hobby and we'll invite other members to join you!
Here are some of the activities we've been doing~
- Outdoor activities: Group Hiking, Bike Riding and Yoga in the Han River Park, Rock Climbing, Multicultural Soccer games, Drawing in the Royal Palace, Walking Tours, Jogging sessions, etc.
- Fun Events: Merengue, ChaCha and Tango sessions, Free Hugs at some of the busiest places in town, Group Visits to interesting Festivals and Tourist places, Movie nights accompanied with Korean snacks, Girl's Chat Nights, Joint Birthday Dinners, etc.
- Cultural Experiences: Tasting Live Squid and Hairy Crab at the Noryangjin Fish Market, Getting a full-body scrubbing massage at Jjimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Recording your own favorite Songs at a Karaoke place, Food tasting tours, Photo shoot wearing a Korean traditional outfit, etc.
- Sharing Your Knowledge and Skills: Introducing your home country to others, Leading Conversation Sessions in the language of your preference. Life Coaching, Chiropractic sessions on how to correct your Posture, Aromatherapy, Cooking Sessions, How to become a Tour Guide/Translator, etc.
3. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOME DINNER?: If you are new to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you at free of charge and invite all those members who are interested in sharing their experiences of having lived in Seoul. We can also provide at your request an introductory document with some practical information on Seoul so you'll have a better idea of what's cooking in this city.
4. IF YOUR HOMETOWN IS OTHER THAN SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: For those newcomers or foreigners in Seoul who would like to get some personalized support or just have a local buddy to hang out with, we'll find you someone from the local community. Also, we can assist you in finding a local English speaking community church or recommend you various public or private organizations that may be of help to you.
Hopefully, you'll find these activities helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do what we can with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends from the different corners of the world.