We want to create a kind of place that feels like home for anybody who yearns for one. A place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful unique fusion.
Queremos darles la bienvenida a todos los amigos forasteros que vienen desde la distancia y se encuentran en esta ciudad en medio de una cultura tan diferente y unica. Esperamos poder brindar alguna asistencia para cada uno de ustedes de una u otra manera y que Seoul pueda sentirse un poquito mas como tu preciado hogar, dulce hogar^^
If you want us to organize any of the following activities for you and invite other members to join you, or simply wish to make any specific request or inquiries regarding your adaptation process in Seoul, please send us an email to email@example.com, or text me to my kakaotalk id, fromchile, or call me at 010 7236 9302.
1. WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A LANGUAGE BUDDY FOR YOUR LANGUAGE OF INTEREST AND WHAT WOULD THAT LANGUAGE BE?: Whatever that language may be, let us know and we'll find you a language buddy who can benefit likewise from your language of fluency.
2. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: Most hobbyists are passionate about what they do & love sharing their ideas, knowledge & accomplishments with others who enjoy the same hobby. All you have to do is ask us to organize an activity related to your favorite hobby and we'll invite other members to join you!
3. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOMING DINNER?: If you have recently arrived to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you at free of charge and invite all those members who are interested in sharing their experiences of living in Seoul. We also can provide at your request an introductory document of Seoul so you'll have a better idea of what's cooking in this city.
4. WHAT INTERESTING ACTIVITY WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY IN KOREA?: WE WISH TO BE PART OF YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE IN "______" DURING YOUR STAY IN SEOUL. In a culture so different from what you are accustomed to seeing in the western side of the globe, whatever that first experience will be for you, we wish to get involved and make you feel a little bit more at ease by inviting other members to join you.
-Sports: Bowling, Soccer, Basketball, Hiking, Marathon, Yoga, Rock Climbing, etc. -Outings: Salsa club, Musicals, Visits to popular tourist places, Movie nights, Playing instruments together, Bike riding, etc. -Local Cultural Experiences: Jimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Karaoke, Food tasting tours, Wearing Korean traditional dress for a photo shoot, etc.
5. WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A MENTOR THAT CAN ASSIST YOU IN GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: For those newcomers in Seoul who need personalized guidance for their adaptation process, we'll find you a host family or mentor in the local community. Also, we can assist you in finding a local English speaking community church or recommend you various organizations that may be of help to you.
Hopefully, you'll find these programs of Seoul Village helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do what we can with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends from the different corners of the world.