We want to create a kind of place that feels like home for anybody who yearns for one. A place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful unique fusion.
Queremos darles la bienvenida a todos los amigos forasteros que vienen desde la distancia y se encuentran en esta ciudad en medio de una cultura tan diferente y unica. Esperamos poder brindar alguna asistencia para cada uno de ustedes de una u otra manera y que Seoul pueda sentirse un poquito mas como tu preciado hogar, dulce hogar^^
If you want us to organize any of the following activities for you and invite other members to join you, or simply wish to make any specific request or inquiries regarding your adaptation process in Seoul, please send us an email to email@example.com, or text me to my kakaotalk id, fromchile, or call me to 010 7236 9302.
1. WOULD YOU LIKE US TO FIND YOU A LANGUAGE BUDDY FOR YOUR LANGUAGE OF INTEREST AND WHAT WOULD THAT LANGUAGE BE?: Whatever that language may be, let us know and we'll find you a language buddy who can benefit likewise from your language of fluency. If you prefer interacting in a group format, we can also organize a conversation group for your language of preference.
2. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: Most hobbyists are passionate about what they do & love sharing their ideas, knowledge & accomplishments with others who enjoy the same hobby. All you have to do is ask us to organize an activity related to your favorite hobby and we'll invite other members to join you!
We'll help you design your own sessions and take care of all the logistics. Here are some of our suggestions~
- Outdoor activities: Group Hiking, Bike Riding and Yoga in the Han River Park, Rock Climbing, Multicultural Soccer games, Drawing in the Royal Palace, Walking Tours, Jogging sessions, etc.
- Fun Events: Salsa, ChaCha and Tango sessions, Personalized Birthday Dinners, Free Hugs at some of the busiest places in town, Group Visits to interesting Tourist places, Movie nights accompanied with Korean snacks, Girl's Chat Nights, etc.
- Cultural Experiences: Tasting Live Baby Squid and Hairy Crab at Noryangjin Fish Market, Getting a full-body scrubbing massage at Jjimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Recording your own favorite Songs at a Karaoke place, Food tasting tours, Photo shoot wearing a Korean traditional outfit, etc.
- Sharing Knowledge and Skills: Introducing your home country to others, Leading Conversation Sessions in the language of your preference, Life Coaching, Chiropractic sessions on how to correct your Posture, etc.
3. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOME DINNER?: If you have recently arrived to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you at free of charge and invite all those members who are interested in sharing their experiences of having lived in Seoul. We can also provide at your request an introductory document about Seoul so you'll have a better idea of what's cooking in this city.
4. IF YOUR HOMETOWN IS OTHER THAN SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: For those newcomers or foreigners in Seoul who would like to get some personalized support or just have a local buddy to hang out with, we'll find you someone from the local community. Also, we can assist you in finding a local English speaking community church or recommend you various public or private organizations that may be of help to you.
Hopefully, you'll find these programs of Seoul Village helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do what we can with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends from the different corners of the world.