We want to create a kind of place that feels like home for anybody who yearns for one. A place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful unique fusion.
1. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: All you have to do is ask us to organize an activity of your preference and we'll invite other members to join you!
Here are some of our regular activities~
- Outdoor activities: Group Hiking, Bike Riding and Yoga at Han River Park, Multinational Soccer games, Drawing sessions at the Royal Palace, Walking Tours, Jogging sessions, etc.
- Fun Events: ChaCha Dance sessions, Free Hugs at some of the busiest places in town, Group Visits to interesting Festivals and Touristic places, Movie nights accompanied with Korean snacks, Girl's Chat Nights, Joint Birthday Dinners, etc.
- Cultural Experiences: Tasting Live Squid and Hairy Crab at Noryangjin Seafood market, Getting a Full-body Scrubbing Massage at Jjimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Recording your own favorite Songs at Noraebang, Food Tasting tours in Traditional Markets, etc.
- Sharing Your Knowledge and Skills: Introducing your Home Country to others, Leading Conversation sessions in your Favorite Language, Teaching others How to Cook, Teaching others How to Become a Tour Guide/Translator, etc.
2. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOME DINNER OR PERHAPS FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: If you are new to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you and invite all those members who are interested in sharing their experiences of having lived in Seoul. We can also introduce you a LOCAL BUDDY for some personalized support.
Hopefully, you'll find these activities helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do our best with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends coming from the different corners of the world.