We want to create a kind of place that feels like home for anybody who yearns for one. A place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful unique fusion.
Queremos darles la bienvenida a todos los amigos forasteros que vienen desde la distancia y se encuentran en esta ciudad en medio de una cultura tan diferente y unica. Esperamos poder brindar alguna asistencia para cada uno de ustedes de una u otra manera y que Seoul pueda sentirse un poquito mas como tu preciado hogar, dulce hogar^^
If you are interested in participating in any of the following activities, please send us an email for more email@example.com or text me to my kakaotalk id, fromchile.
1. CONVERSATION CLUBS: Casual conversations in small groups. When possible, we do a rotation after a certain interval of time so everyone gets the chance to know each other. Facilitators will lead each group. We'll post new conversation clubs in our web page.
2. SMALL STUDY GROUPS FOR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES (led by a native speaker): For those who wish to practice in a more focused way the language of their interest such as Spanish, Korean, French, Russian and Portuguese. No fee involved. You just need to sign up by sending an email to the organizer.
3. SPECIAL WELCOMING DINNER FOR RECENTLY ARRIVED FRIENDS TO SEOUL: If you have recently arrived to Seoul and wish to meet new friends, we'll arrange a special dinner for you at free of charge and invite all those members who are interested in sharing with you their experience of living in Seoul. If you are interested, send an email to the organizer.
4. WE WISH TO BE INVOLVED IN YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE OF "______": In a culture so different from what you are accustomed to seeing in the western side of the globe, whatever that first experience will be for you, we wish to get involved and make you more comfortable by inviting others who share the same interest as you. For ex., going to Jimjilbang, eating live squid or traditional korean food like what the kings used to eat, wearing Korean traditional dress for a photo shoot, hiking in the different mountains within Seoul, etc.
5. WE DO SIMPLIFIED TRANSLATION SERVICES THROUGH PHONE CALLS, TEXT MESSAGES, EMAIL OR KAKAOTALK: Considering that we don't have enough volunteers, we provide simplified oral translations for you in case of emergencies; for example, when you are on the cab and need to give correct directions to the driver or when you are buying something and need to communicate better with the salesman. Also we can do VERY simplified written translations of documents or typical korean phrases just enough so you can understand the essence of the intended message. Call 010 7236 9302 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or questions.
6. CONNECTIONS PROGRAM: For those newcomers in Seoul who need personal guidance from a member of the local community in their adaptation process, we'll find you a host or family. If you are interested, send an email to the organizer.
7. FUN EVENTS: If you are interested in doing any of the following events and you want others to get involved, we'll arrange it for you.
a. SPORTS: Bowling, Soccer, Basketball, Hiking, Marathon, Yoga, Bike Riding.
b. OUTINGS: Salsa club and musical theaters or tours to different popular tourist places in Seoul.
c. POTLUCK: Share each other's typical cuisines by either visiting a restaurant or organizing a potluck.
8. PENPAL OR SKYPE PROGRAM: Exchange emails or text messages through cell phones in the desired language. Connect through Skype via web cam or phone call so you can ask questions about different topics or issues of your interest. We'll guide you as best as possible for your better adaptation in Seoul. If you are interested, send an email to the organizer.
9. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Teaching English to college students who are North Korean refugees and need help in improving their language skills or need a nice buddy to hang out with. Also we can find you a language exchange partner for your language of interest.
Every person has his own preferences and available time to get involved in some of these activities along with other buddies who share the same interest. Hopefully, you'll find these programs of Seoul Village helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and community. We do what we can with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends from all over the world.