Serve KC Message Board › New Leadership for ServeKC

New Leadership for ServeKC

Aaron
aaronjamison
Group Organizer
Louisburg, KS
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Hello Volunteers,

First of all thank you so much for all of the time spent serving Kansas City this year so far.  I counted 130 events since January with attendance totaling 1223 volunteers.  That is simply amazing!

Since taking a new job in March I have not been able to be as involved in ServeKC as I would like.  For this reason I think it is time for me to step down as organizer.

Zach Beall has been an active member of ServeKC since July of 2011 and has been involved in the planning and leading of many events.  He has been instrumental in the work we have been doing on the soup kitchen at Forest Avenue.  He has also helped us get started with The Urban Farming Guys in their grass-roots efforts to transform a Kansas City community.  I feel Zach represents the values of Serve Kansas City through his passion for volunteering, possitive and encouraging attidude, and humble service to our community.  For these reasons I have nominated Zach to take over as Organizer for Serve Kansas City.  Please join me in welcoming and supporting Zach in this new role!

My role will be to assist Zach through this transition but I will also continue to help organize events as time allows. 

I would also like to take this time to thank all the organizers who have helped make Serve Kansas City a success.  As many of you know Jan Bowman, who was a Co-Organizer, recently left the group.  She leaves behind an unmatched record of volunteer service and event organizing.  I will miss her but I wish her much success in her new endeavors.  We have other great organizers like Lacy Stephens, Ruthann Essig, Ashley Nicole Hardin, and Jason Fields.

I am very excited about the future of this group and what we can do to help our Kansas City community.  The last 16 months has been amazing and I can't wait to see what this next chapter brings.

Thanks again,

Aaron Jamison