Seth Readers Austin Message Board › What an awesome meetup

What an awesome meetup

Jenny
user 9528831
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Seth readers,

Thursday night was one of the best Seth meetups ever.  We welcomed new member Miller, who was very knowledgeable in the Seth material.  Discussion centered around session 615 of The Nature of Personal Reality, the meaning of Seth's term "value fulfillment," and how our beliefs create our reality.  We had long conversations about how these ideas apply to our lives, why and how we created these lives, and whether there was anything that existed independently of our beliefs, such as evil.  We also did Seth's exercise on attempting to connect with our own feeling-tone.

We talked over Seth's list of examples of false beliefs and decided to go home and, as Seth suggested, each write a list of our own beliefs, to be completed by our next meetup in September.  But to take the pressure off, no one will be have to share anything unless s/he wants to.

We also talked over some quotes I handed out from my reading in The Early Sessions Book 3.  I found them fascinating, and wanted to share them.  They are copied below.

On my trip next month through the eastern seaboard up to Maine, Quebec and Nova Scotia I'll be looking for all the Seth groups I can find.  If you know of any, or anything else interesting I should do, please send me your ideas.  Thanks!

Have a great summer!

Fondest regards,

Jenny

From The Early Sessions Book 3

Considerable confusion can result if a dream from one level of the subconscious is interpreted in the light of data which belongs to another level entirely. Many individuals feel easier with certain such subconscious aspects, with the result that they may be more aware of dreams that originate in particular subconscious areas, and be relatively unaware of dreams originating in other areas, which they may consider either fearful or at best unfamiliar.

We will find in many cases, dreams originating in that layer of personal subconscious, the most simple being those that have immediate reference of daily conscious life.

And while it may seem that all dreams are random conglomerations of unrelated symbols or events, we will see that one of the most important attributes of any dream is indeed discrimination.

For out of a seemingly endless number of possibilities, our individual dreamer actually discriminates with great care, choosing only those dream objects or symbols that have meaning to him, and those dream objects that can best serve his purposes. And even a simple dream that would seem to be concerned with trivial daily events is in reality concerned with much more.

The dream objects are in fact chosen with such precise discrimination that in many instances, on deep examination they will be seen to embody not only data concerning the dreamer’s daily conscious existence, but one and every dream object may be seen to apply on many levels at once.

Each dream begins with psychic energy which the individual transforms not into physical matter but into a reality every bit as functional and as real. He forms the idea into a dream object or event with amazing discrimination, so that the dream object itself gains existence, and exists in numerous dimensions.

It does not seem to exist in various dimensions. It does in actuality so exist. If a dream object or event does so straddle what you call not only time but your space, and if as I say dream objects and creations maintain some independence from the dreamer, then you must see that although the dreamer creates his dreams for his own purposes, selecting only those symbols which have meaning to him, he nevertheless projects them outward in a value fulfillment and psychic expansion.

The expansions occurs as the dream drama is acted out. For the dreamer, a contraction occurs as he is finished with the events or drama for his own purposes, but energy cannot be taken back. Therefore, when the dreamer contracts his multirealistic objects backward, ending for himself the so-called dream that he constructed, he ends it for himself only. But the reality of the dream continues.

I do not care if this idea now appears farfetched or impossible, either to you or to others. The fact remains that this is so.

The fact also remains that on other levels but conscious ones, you know and every individual knows that the dream world that the conscious mind believes so foolish and irrational, is indeed constructed by the inner self with utmost care, with a precision known only by the intuitions. And each individual knows that such a splendid creation as this then exists beyond the self that was its origin.

I want to make a point however, that the dream universe is as real and cohesive as your own, and that the same glue of telepathy holds it together, and gives it not only as much reality but validity in actual terms.

The same sort of psychic agreement holds the dream universe together as holds the physical universe together. If a man could actually focus his concentration upon those hidden, feared, mainly unknown, unrecognized elements in the physical universe upon which men simply cannot agree; if he could focus upon the dissimilarities rather than the similarities in the physical universe, he would wonder what gave anyone the idea that there was even one physical object upon which men could agree.

He would wonder what collective madness made or permitted man to select, from a virtual infinity of what would appear as chaos, to select a handful, a mere handful, of similarities and call it a universe.
The conscious mind does not even know, and cannot of itself command, the legs to walk across the floor. Is it any wonder then, that the conscious mind does not know how it creates the dream universe?
But the legs do walk, and the dream universe does exist. As the entity expands and originates new personalities, and these personalities then become independent individuals, so do the individuals create dream or so-called dream realities and individuals of the dream universe, which are independent.

Consciousness is the direction in which the self looks at any given time. The dreaming self is as important as the so-called conscious self. The whole self merely changes direction and viewpoint and focuses its energies along a particular line. It turns beams of attention off and on. It has many facets and many volumes and many dimensions. It acts out roles, but the whole self is entire, and every individual innately knows and is intimately familiar with the intents and purposes of the whole self. And in dreams and in intuitions and unspoken thoughts, the individual comes to terms with the whole self, of which it is merely one portion, and not necessarily the dominant portion.

You will discover that the whole self is composed of many so-called conscious selves. But those conscious selves are not aware of the existence of the others. The dreaming self, dear friends, is not aware of the conscious self.