Seven Hills Camera Club (7HCC) Message Board › Digital Photography

Digital Photography

Howard S C
user 10648633
Worcester, MA
Post #: 19
I'm looking to take a digital photography course to help me become more proficient in the use of my camera...Also to learn how to use photoshop elements. I'm seriously lacking in these areas and need to develop the skills needed to advance in digital photography...Any suggestions?
Priscilla M.
user 13644753
Group Organizer
Holden, MA
Post #: 52
Lou Swinand will be offering classes on basic photography in September. These will be free to all paid members of Seven Hills Camera Club.
Bob I.
bobisr23
Worcester, MA
Post #: 12
Several members of the club are users of Photoshop Elements, myself included and would be happy to share our knowledge. If you bring your questions to a meeting someone can probably answer them for you. Possibly more intense training can be arranged if needed on that program.
Ron J.
user 30024722
Worcester, MA
Post #: 2
There is a great book for Ps Elements called The Missing Manual. Best to own a copy, because you'll refer to it frequently. Elements, like full blown Photoshop is not at all intuitive. If you can spring for Ps Lightroom, it is much easier and very intuitive. Best of all, you can always go back to your photo and find all your adjustments available for further tweaking. Even cropping can be revised.
Steve M
user 3632743
Worcester, MA
Post #: 138
Anyone interested in starting a small Elements user group? Maybe 4-6 people? Possibly in someone's home? Or alternate homes? Send me your names and I'll try to put something together. In the meantime, take a look at the seminars offered on CreativeLive.com. You register at no charge. There is no catch. Just sign up. The live seminar is free. The re-broadcast is free. They offer the course at a discounted price up until the re-broadcast ends. If you purchase a course, you can watch it unlimited times online or download it. There are no DVD's.
Lastly, I've heard over and over that Lightroom is becoming increasingly popular. There are still some things you can do in Elements that you can't do in Lightroom.
Howard S C
user 10648633
Worcester, MA
Post #: 23
Steve, I'm very much interested in joining a small Elements user group...If you get more people who are interested, please count me in...I need all the help I can get....