You’re invited to an Equinox ceremony Sun., Sept. 22, 1-5 pm, in Leicester (beside Asheville). We’ll honor Mother Earth with gratitude for the harvest on her autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere. This day is a balance of light and dark, day and night. We’ll go within, find that point of balance represented by the energies of the Equinox without and create our intentions for ourselves and the New Earth.
Please come between 12:30 and 1 pm so we can start ceremony promptly at 1. We will open our circle, cleanse ourselves, achieve internal balance, create a despacho (a mandala-like offering), offer it to water and experience the Equinox at its exact magical time – 4:44 pm EDT! We’ll finish ceremony around 5 and share a snack together. Below is a list of what to bring to our ceremony.
Please RSVP as soon as possible. Carpooling would be greatly appreciated.
I'm looking forward to sharing this auspicious time with you.
1. a stone, crystal, shell, feather or other sacred item that represents balance to place on the communal altar we'll create together for this occasion. Your sacred item will absorb the energies of the Equinox and our ceremony together and then you'll take it back home with you,
2. a small natural offering representing the harvest that you’ll offer to the despacho,
3. a drum or rattle, if you have them. If not, I have some you can use.
4. a cushion or chair (ideally low but high enough for your comfort) that will make you exquisitely comfortable while sitting around the altar
5. water for you to drink,
6. Regardless of the weather, we'll do some of our ceremony outside so bring whatever you need for outdoor comfort.
7. an already prepared snack to share