add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Shanghai Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Lens rentals and camera gear in Shanghai

Lens rentals and camera gear in Shanghai

Jacob C.
Group Organizer
Shanghai, CN
Post #: 3
For those of you that don't know there is a huge camera/video/gear market on the corner of Luban Lu (鲁班路) and Xietu Lu (斜土路).

In amongst all of the other equipment they have there, there are a huge number of second hand shops with lenses and bodies galore - ranging from the very cheap to the extremely high end. It turns out that all of the second hand gear is available for rental at pretty reasonable prices. I was looking at a $US1200 lens which they were going to rent to me for 100RMB/day.

I'd suggest wandering around to check the different shops, but if you are keen to try some different lenses without spending a heap of money in one go, it might be worth checking out.