Free 1-on-1 Mandarin-English language exchange!
Please be aware, that this week, it will be a Sunday morning meetup, instead of the usual Saturday.
IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH AND WANTS TO LEARN MANDARIN, PLEASE ASK THEM TO JOIN! :-)
IF THERE ARE NO MORE RSVP SPOTS, JOIN THE WAITLIST. ENGLISH SPEAKERS WILL BE MANUALLY ADDED AUTOMATICALLY, AND CHINESE SPEAKERS WILL BE ADDED IF THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS.
Please sign up before Friday 1 AM... otherwise RSVP will close to allow enough notice for those who are waitlisted.
Suggested Conversation Topic:
What are your hopes and aspirations for 2014?
11am-1pm (2 hours of 1 on 1 language exchange)
Le Select (at Chegongmiao MTR Station Exit C, Futian District)
Tairan 2nd Rd. & Tairan 9th Rd.
(When at Exit C street level, look for Bank of China branch, to the left of this branch should be a large opening between two buildings, walk between the buildings and turn right)
How it works:
1) You will be assigned two different language partners - one in the first hour, and another in the second
2) Spend 30 minutes speaking English, and the next 30 minutes in Mandarin
3) Switch language partners
4) Spend 30 minutes speaking English, and the next 30 minutes in Mandarin
Since the goal of this group is to maintain 1-on-1 partnering, there are naturally more Chinese speakers than English speakers available. I have to create a waitlist and manage the RSVPs in order to maintain the 1-on-1 balance of English to Chinese speakers.
If you are an English speaker, you will automatically be allowed to the RSVP Going list.
If you are a Chinese speaker, join the waitlist, and you will be allowed to the RSVP Going list if there is an English speaker available - I have to make this a first come first served thing.
VERY IMPORTANT RULES:
1) If you mark RSVP and do not attend, you'll be removed from the club
2) If you are going to arrive late, please contact me to let me know when you'll arrive (my number is[masked])
3) There is no admission charge - but you should buy some food or a beverage from the cafe
4) Partners will be paired with native speakers. i.e. Native English, with Native Mandarin. You will be paired randomly.
5) If you have a friend who wants to join, please ask them to join up and register. This is to maintain the balance of English to Mandarin speakers for 1-on-1.
Any questions or concerns please SMS, Whatsapp or wechat me at [masked]-6248... please be aware that I only speak English fluently.