Shoujo Club of Austin Message Board › Ushicon!

Ushicon!

Galena
sweetgalenas
Austin, TX
Post #: 11
Are we planning to have any kind of meetup for Ushicon? Ikuko Itoh, creator of Princess Tutu, will be there. That's certainly shoujo related.

And it's 18 and up, so no silly teen antics.

February 3-5, 2012
Round Rock,TX

Ushicon
Becky
wikit2179
Leander, TX
Post #: 17
That would be loads of fun! I'll check it out!
Valerie Mitchell H...
user 13124091
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
I'm definitely attending on Saturday with my husband, might be there on Friday by myself if I can get off work soon enough (I usually get off about 4 PM and traffic going north at the time will probably be terrible)
Galena
sweetgalenas
Austin, TX
Post #: 12
Also on the guest list, frequent co-worker of Ikuko Itoh, is Junichi Sato. Creator of series such as Magic Users Club, Pretear, and Kaleido Star. Note he will only be there on Friday and Saturday.

Would be cool if a bunch of people dressed up in yukata and whatnot for the matsuri festival thing on Friday. I'm going to try, if things work out.

And of course Friday night is my favorite event, Shoujo PJ Party! I usually find at least one new series I want to check out more of. I think the first year, it was everything they showed!

Saturday is supposed to be the premiere of the English Dub of Princess Jellyfish. I'm helping out with the panel to make your own jellyfish plushy. smile