Shoujo Club of Austin Message Board › Holiday Party This Year?

Holiday Party This Year?

Mippa
Mippachan
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 73
The Winter Holidays are upon us, and if you're anything like me, you enjoy the opportunity to party!

We do have a Holiday Party planned for December 15th:

Holiday Par-TAY! and I'd like to see if there are any suggestions/preferences/etc. for the party...for example:

1. Would we prefer to have it at someone's house?
2. Would you prefer a different day?
3. Would we like to do a "White Elephant" gift exchange?
4. Want to do something totally different? Share your ideas!
Scarlett
user 25859892
Austin, TX
Post #: 22
I would LOVE to do a gift exchange. I don't know what "white elephant" means but it sounds fun! :D
Mippa
Mippachan
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 74
Basically everyone brings a gift of the same amount ($10, $25, etc.) and they all must be wrapped/bagged. Everyone draws a number and they either pick a wrapped gift to open or an already-opened gift they want to keep (maximum times a gift can be snagged is 3). This is done until everyone's had a turn. :) (The first person and last people are lucky because they get to see all the previously wrapped gifts and have the best pick! It's a lot of fun! (And saves the trouble of having to pick a gift for a specific person...)
Scarlett
user 25859892
Austin, TX
Post #: 23
This sounds like LOADS of fun!!! I def want in!!!
A former member
Post #: 2
That sounds like a lot of fun! And:

Have ya'll ever heard of cookie swaps? I don't know how many of us here are bakers, but the idea is that each person makes enough of one kind of cookie to share. At the party, you can sample, exchange recipes, and most of the time take home a bundle since eating them all would lead to tummy aches!

Or, if ya'll would rather not go through the hassle of baking you can total leave it up to me! My specialties are pies and cookies. ^__^ Just let me know!
Mippa
Mippachan
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 75
I'm definitely going to be making a BUNCH of cookies for Christmas as I just got my KitchenAid mixer. 8Dc I'm totally down for this!
stephanie o.
user 19162571
Austin, TX
Post #: 10
I would love to come but until after December 28th, I'll be busy between trying to sew a costume (my first) for the upcoming Ikkicon, holiday shopping and preparing for incoming relative, which leaves me with no money after bills. :( Oh well. If there's a New Year's party I might be able to come and bring something to eat!