addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Shut Up & Write! Silicon Valley Message Board › Looking for fellow writers in the Sunnyvale/Cupertino/Mountain View area

Looking for fellow writers in the Sunnyvale/Cupertino/Mountain View area

This message board is read-only.

Cari
Cari_B
Campbell, CA
Post #: 1
My regular group dissolved recently, due to the departure of our host/organizer. While I am not able to commit to a regular meeting time, I tend to write on Monday nights and Wednesday mornings. I would do my best to commit to a specific time, if there are others out there who are wanting to find a place to write in the S'vale/Cup/Mt.View area.

If you are looking for a group to join where we can write, as well as offer critiques and bounce ideas around, I would love to begin the process of finding others committed to the craft of the written word.

Please join this discussion with times and places we could create a meetup, as well as ideas for discussion at the meetup.

Monday anytime between 7pm-10pm @ Bitter+Sweet in Cupertino
Cari
Cari_B
Campbell, CA
Post #: 2
It is Monday night. I am writing at Bitter+Sweet in Cupertino. When was the last time you wrote. I'll be here next Mon. sometime between 6:30pm-9:30pm. If others want to join me, we can talk about making a group out of it.
A former member
I would also like to offer you (or anyone else out there who might be interested) to check out my critique group in Fremont. We are a group of fiction writers who meet every 2nd and 4th Thursday at 7:30 pm to critique up to ~10 pages of each others work. There are 3 of us now, and we are looking for ~2-4 additional members. If you are interested, just reply to this message and I can give you more info off the board.
A former member
I'm a writer in Cupertino, and would also love to be in touch with fellow writers. However, I'm fortunate to have the writing environment and office I want at home, so it simply doesn't make sense to me to lose working time driving to an environment which is noisy, cramped, and where I have to spend money to eat stuff I really don't want. I'd invite everyone over here, but I'm not yet set up for many guests.