|Sent on:||Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:58 AM|
Here is an update. Though the winter doldrums are here, there's a lot we can still do!
1) January - Original (Creative) Portraits
2) February - "Heartwarming." Interpret it any way you wish: Valentine "cards;" cute kittens;
any scene that gives a cozy heartfelt vibe.
3) There will be a Pot Luck Event soon with advance warning for thinking. Challenge: "Find" a photo anywhere in the drab winter outdoors.
CALENDAR NOTES: I added "notes" about winter festivals, CT Flower & Garden Show, etc. to our offiicial events on our calendar (under "About Us" just below the group photo in the left-hand column.) They're ideas for shooting on your own or you can invite other members to join you. More notes will be added from time to time, so check back.
POLL QUESTION: Please respond to the poll question about a possible Magic Wings/Greenfield Winter Festival event, Sunday, Feb. 3. This Greenfield, MA winter event offers the widest variety of fun activities /photo stimuli I've seen at a winter festival. (bonfire, bowling on ice, crazy sleds, snowman sculptures, hayrides, K9 keg pull, & so much more.) PLEASE respond to the POLL. There are 4 options.
WAITING FOR SNOW! Unfortunately for our cameras, the weather has been mild and there's been little snow, so a few winter events have stalled. But as soon as we have some snow, I'll schedule:
a) BOSTON in Black & White
b) TROPICAL SNOW SETS. Start getting out your "beach props" (beach towels, beach balls, beach hats, mai tai glasses, chairs, etc.) We'll head to a park (TBA) with my palm tree and our props.
c) WINTER ICE (later in February)
IN THE WORKS:
1) (posting soon) EAGLES ON THE CT RIVER A date a cruise time will be selected. Members will contact the CT Audubon Society directly to buy tickets for the chosen date & time and then RSVP for the meetup. NOTE: Free (but must call to reserve) eagle viewing (not sure about photo ops) at Shepaug Dam State Park. 9:00 - 1:00 daily til mid-March.
2) PORTRAIT STUDIO: "Duck" and I are planning Portrait Studio event. I'm visiting venues next week. Included will be equipment needed, light, posing, creative approaches. There will be lots of practice time. If you'd like to help, let us know!
3) MOVIE STILLS IN NEW HAVEN (shore, downtown, East Rock) Linda and I are working on this.
That's the basic news for now. I'm also looking for people to "feature" in our SHOWCASE events.Got ideas? Please share. Let me know what YOU'D like to do!!!