Arts, Culture Vultures, Environment, Fun and Fabulous Food! Message Board › New Meetup: Organic Farming

New Meetup: Organic Farming

Dianne R.
user 11715420
Group Organizer
West Hartford, CT
Announcing a new Meetup for Sierra Club- Hartford chapter!

What: Organic Farming

When: Monday, January 24, 2011 3:00 PM

Where: Simsbury Town Hall
933 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT 06070

I came across this interesting project and am not sure how many people are aware of it. Please pass this word along to anyone you know who might be interested!

Incubator Farmer Opportunity in Simsbury!
Have you always dreamed of growing your own produce, fruit, or flowers? Have you ever thought: I would like to start my own farm? The Community Farm of Simsbury may be the place for you…

The Community Farm of Simsbury (CFS) is a certified organic farm, providing the use of inexpensive farmland, from 1/8th of an acre up to 1 acre, for people interested in becoming organic farmers. CFS assists with plowing, irrigation, equipment, storage, and other services. CFS offers hands-on training with CTNOFA and UConn so you can learn to plant crops, use a hoophouse, set up irrigation systems, safely control weeds and pests, and use farm equipment. If you would like to learn more about this program and are interested in joining the Incubator Farmer Program (IFP), you must attend the following informational meeting. The meeting will be followed by a tour of the farm at 73 Wolcott Rd, Simsbury, CT. If you would like to view the IFP fields and visit the farm at another time, please make an appointment with Tim Goodwin (email him:­)).

If you are interested in becoming an Incubator Farmer for the 2011 season, you MUST attend the following IFP Information Meeting:

Monday, January 24, 2011 (3:00-4:00 pm)

The informational session will be held at the Simsbury Town Hall located at 933 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury, CT 06070 followed by a tour of the farm at 73 Wolcott Road, Simsbury, CT 06070

To RSVP, please call Tim Goodwin, 860-217-0453 or email

Tim Goodwin

Executive Director
Community Farm of Simsbury
73 Wolcott Road, Simsbury, CT 06070

RSVP to this Meetup:­