add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Arts, Culture Vultures, Environment, Fun and Fabulous Food! Message Board › Starting a Naturalist Club at a School

Starting a Naturalist Club at a School

Raka S.
user 13384339
Windsor, CT
Post #: 1

I'm a science teacher at a Hartford school and I just started a Naturalist's Club at the school. We have gone to Northwest Park and the kids loved it, but we are looking for more venues for high school-age kids to explore the outdoors. Any suggestions? I'm looking for moderately strenuous trails and places that could offer free or very reduced price outdoor education programs. Just to give you an idea, my students are urban, not really that fit, and have little to no experience with the outdoors. However, they have A LOT of interest in it, although they are a little scared sometimes! Thanks for the help!