addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arts, Culture Vultures, Environment, Fun and Fabulous Food! Message Board › Worldwide BP Protest Day is Saturday, June 12 - CT to meet in MERIDEN

Worldwide BP Protest Day is Saturday, June 12 - CT to meet in MERIDEN

A former member
Post #: 1
Sierra Club of Hartford:

Please join your fellow meetupers, facebooker and environmental lovers for a PEACEFUL BP protest at the Meriden, CT BP this coming Saturday, June 12, 2010. Leave only your footprints and stick to public property.

FOR MORE INFO on the Meriden, CT June 12 event & to RSVP, see:
http://www.facebook.c...­

FOR MORE INFO on the worldwide June 12 event & to RSVP, see:
http://www.facebook.c...­

Since April 20th 2010, thousands upon thousands of barrels of crude oil have been gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. Countless birds and marine life have been devastated beyond repair, as well as the livelihoods of fishermen that rely on the health of the Gulf to make a living. I am
sick and tired of sitting back and not doing anything while these huge oil corporations run our country and destroy our fragile ecosystem.

JOIN ME in staging a protest - bring your own signs, dress up, make a statement!!

The message I want to get across with this protest is that while yes, it is a boycott of BP, it is much more so a protest against big oil paying their way into our government and getting off scott free when BOTH are blatantly negligent and irresponsible in their standards of safety and environmental compliance. We're protesting the government allowing subsidies to big oil to perpetuate our horrendous addiction
to fossil fuels. We're also rallying to push for renewable, clean energy to greatly lessen our dependence on oil and start chipping away at the powerful structure that keeps us in this cycle of repeating history. I'm done sitting down, staying complacent, and feeling powerless!

This is an event that transcends political views, class, age, and many other aspects...all people from all walks of life joining together with a common goal.

Exercise your right to organize and protest against BP's irresponsibility and spread awareness about our dependence on oil.

Please only RSVP as "Attending" if you will physically be there in Meriden. I appreciate the spirit of the support, but I need to know how many people to expect to actually be there =) thanks to everyone!!

The BP in Meriden, Connecticut is located at

927 East Main Street,
Meriden, CT 06450-6006
(203) 238-1466

*It is listed as Extra Mart but is quite clearly a BP.

There is a hotel and a Dunkin Donuts directly across the road where parking can be found.

Comfort Inn & Suites (CT074)
900 E. Main St. , Meriden, CT, US, 06450
Phone: (203) 440-9600

Directions to BP/Hotel:

From the South/New Haven CT - I-91 North to exit 16. Straight at light onto Bee Street. Left onto East Main Street. Hotel is on right after crossing over I-91.

From the North/Hartford CT/Springfield MA/Vermont/New Hampshire -
I-91 to Exit 17.Right onto East Main Street.Hotel is on your immediate right.

From the West/Westbury CT/Danbury CT/Hudson Valley NY/Scranton PA - I-84 East to I-91 South. I-91 South to Exit 17. Right onto East Main Street. Hotel is on your immediate right.

From the East/Sturbridge MA/Boston MA - I-84 West to I-91 South. I-91 South to Exit 17. Right onto East Main Street. Hotel is on your immediate right.