You may bring prints, books, or digital files. We can project 35mm slides with advanced notice. Please contact Peter Mason to make arrangements.
For digital files, maximize the impact of your projected digital images, please set up your 12 or fewer photo files
following this procedure in Photoshop or use Lightroom's Export function:
1) Open each image and re-size it to match the native resolution of the projector. The longest side will be either 1400 wide or 1050 high @ 72dpi.
2) Sharpen the re-sized image (gently). To judge the effect, zoom to 100%. Your monitor will display the resolution as it will appear projected on our screen.
3) Set the output image file to sRGB color space.
4) Protect your original file by using "Save as" to create a new JPEG file, set for maximum quality. To organize the files into the correct projection sequence, name or rename the files to add an ascending 2-digit number to the beginning of the filename. For example the image list in your show might be 01_yellowstone_spring_green.jpg, 02_yellowstone_summer.jpg, 03_yellowstone_fall_colors.jpg and so forth until you get to 12_self-portrait.jpg.
5) Lastly, copy the re-sized and re-named image files (12 max) onto a USB thumb drive formatted with FAT-32.
Please make sure there are no other files on the drive (they will show up in your slideshow!) and that the drive is free of viruses. Put your name on the outside of your thumbdrive. (You may also burn your images to a CD. Label your CD, too.)
We can accept PDF slide shows, movie files, and VR images but please check with Allan Der or Peter Mason (Meetup Organizer) first. Keep run length to under 5 mins.
Also check out the information we have on Monitor Calibration images.
When you arrive at the meeting, please leave your thumb drive or CD with the projectionist who will load your images. Do not forget to retrieve the thumb drive. We will have a PC setup with a simple slideshow application to project the images. When your turn comes, you will be given the projector’s remote to control the slide changes.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Sierra Club Outings - LIABILITY WAIVER||January 16, 2013 9:27 PM||Peter M.|
|Member Show Image Submission||December 10, 2014 9:32 AM||Peter M.|
|Sierra Club Outings and Membership||December 20, 2014 10:06 PM||Peter M.|
|Rules of Conduct||March 22, 2011 7:25 PM||Allan D.|
|About Sierra Club - Angeles Chapter: Camera Committee||June 23, 2014 10:47 PM||Peter M.|