Silicon Beach Brisbane Message Board › Brisbane Startup Weekend - RiverCityLabs - This Weekend!!

Brisbane Startup Weekend - RiverCityLabs - This Weekend!!

Kyle M.
user 10074978
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Developers. Designers. Marketers. Business Folk.
This is a call for you to get your idea off the ground.

Startup Weekend Brisbane is your chance to collaborate and get involved with a group of motivated individuals hell-bent on disrupting their industry of choice.
What can you expect?
Anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea. Teams organically form around the top ideas (determined by popular vote). Then, it's a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
The weekend wraps up with teams presenting their startup to local entrepreneurial leaders with an opportunity for critical feedback.
It's not about the money but it helps.
River City Labs' founder Steve Baxter is offering a $5,000 prize for the most technically advanced startup of the weekend. We want to see action, development and execution, the cash a bonus will help the winning team get up and running past the event.
What they say
Startup weekend gives you the valuable insight into how to make an idea succeed or fail fast, as Molly Taylor, Managing Director, Code Heroes and Startup Weekend attendee, explains:
"The most beneficial part of the weekend for me was getting to sit down and talk to some great mentors. They provided advice from technical to monetisation, and shared their experiences of being in a startup, the lows, the highs and the pitfalls along the way. I came away from the weekend with renewed energy and purpose to work on my ideas."
What are you waiting for?
Found a company, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside your usual 9-to-5. You are guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. Put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now.
http://swbrisbane2013.eventbrite.com/­