Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Message Board › Linux as a real-time Hypervisor for the automotive industry

Linux as a real-time Hypervisor for the automotive industry

Alison C.
user 8979363
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 334
John L.
user 34092752
Los Gatos, CA
Post #: 3
I looked through the slides on the Hypervisor. They are using the FUSE package for I/O, which is very good for virtualization of file systems, but not so good at security. At best, it reflects the trust model of the underlying file system. The Android model of accessing the h/w through APIs (libhardware) is much better.
Alison C.
user 8979363
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 336
The GENIVI solution is lxc + SELinux. Do you have a basis for comparing that solution to the Android libhardware? A lot of car companies will run Android inside lxc. The Chevy Volt and new Cadillacs are doing so, I believe. See Iisko Lappalainen's 2011 Embedded Linux Conference Europe for the full-blown details. The OK Labs hypervisor with Linux and Android on top is also popular. I gather OKL systems are pretty locked-down. I guess Lockheed thinks so, as they just bought OKL.