Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Message Board › Presentation by the Toyota Innovation Hub

Presentation by the Toyota Innovation Hub

Edward D.
EdwardDurney
Millbrae, CA
Post #: 2
The Japan Society is sponsoring a presentation next week by two people from the Toyota Innovation Hub. The moderator will be Shin Sano, who is a member of this meetup.

INNOVATION INTO THE FUTURE

Thursday, August 28 | 6 PM
[It says Thursday, August 28, but that is a Wednesday, so either the day or date is wrong]

Public Policy Institute of California, San Francisco

Join two of the auto industry's leading designers and engineers as they discuss the future of Toyota's innovation. Mr. Seiichi Tsunoda, head of Toyota Innovation Hub, will illustrate how Toyota creatively envisions the future by walking you through some of the latest human-machine interface and user experience design concepts. We will also be joined by Dr. Roger D. Melen, Senior Advisor at Toyota InfoTechnology Center. He argues that if the future autonomously connected car is going be deployed within the next decade, it must first greatly enhance safe, trusted, fun, efficient, and distraction-free transportation.

Tickets: $10 for JSNC Members; $15 for Nonmembers
>>Click here for more information.
Eunice
user 9678161
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 10
Hi Ed, This is great. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the info has been updated to Wed, 28th.
Eunice
user 9678161
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 11
FYI. Might expect some hiccups while you pay with your credit card via Paypal. I had to talk to the event organizer to help me to register now and pay later for the "at the door" price.
Alison C.
user 8979363
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 529
Thanks for posting, Edward. I was just about to do so! Alas, I have preregistered for the TerraFugia event on Wednesday night at Microsoft and will miss the Toyota one. If you or @Eunice could post photos or a summary from the event, I'd be grateful.
Eunice
user 9678161
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 12
@Ailson, Will do if I make it. TerraFugia sounds totally fun!
Eunice
user 9678161
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 13
@Alison, no photos were allowed. The presentations were very through and many interesting Q&A as well.