Silicon Valley Apps for Kids Message Board › Installs & Advertising questions for Kids Game Apps

Installs & Advertising questions for Kids Game Apps

Greg L.
user 48089152
Aptos, CA
Post #: 1
I am new to Kids Game App monetization and have a few questions. Please let me know if you have any general feedback or can point me to someone or analytics provider that might have some general information. Thanks. greg@persuasion-media.com, 650.394.7733

INSTALL QUESTIONS
What are the top Kids Game Apps generating in installs? OR....

What is the average daily installs for Kids Games Apps in Top 10, Top 50? Example below

FREE KIDS APPS
RANKING = INSTALLS:
#1 = 100k installs per day
#2-3 = 35k install per day
#4-10 = 35-10k installs per day
#10-20 = 10-5k install per day
#20-30 = 5k-3k installs per day
#30-50 = 3k-1k installs per day

What percent of installs for Kids Game Apps are “active users”?
(I know it depends on the game, but just looking for a range)

AppAnnie - May 2012, says the U.S. average revenue per download for iOS games is $0.67.
http://www.appannie.c...­

How does that $0.67 compare to average revenue per download in U.S. for "Kids Game Apps"?

ADVERTISING QUESTIONS
What is the average CPM for Kids Apps?
What is the average impressions delivered for Kids Apps per 10k installs?
What advertising networks are kid friendly?\

Thanks,

Greg
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Greg - interesting questions, but I've never seen any data out there that answers your questions. App Annie will most likely be your best source for revenue and install related questions, although the App Annie data is quite expensive and I have no idea how much coverage they have in this segment since it is just starting to see investment and increasing growth. Obviously the best source is going to be talking to developers in the segment and compile your own data, but that is going to be quite time consuming.

I'm also unaware of any ad networks specifically providing inventory for kids for mobile.

Regards,
Josh

PS - please do share what you learn though!