599 Fairchild Drive, Mountain View, CA
For a detailed outline see: http://fossprogramming.com/kernel-internals-4days.pdf
Taught by Dr. Kevin Dankwardt
Hands-on, hard-core, Linux kernel programming.
Plus in partnership with the Linux Professional Institute, we are including the LPI Linux Essentials exam free to all participants. (https://www.lpi.org/linux-certifications/entry-level-credential/linux-essentials) The test will be given at the start of the class on the first day.
The course is designed as instructor-led training. This course will be hands-on with approximately 50% of the time for lecture and 50% for hands-on lab time.
This course walks participants through kernel documentation, kernel configuration, kernel debugging, kernel measurement and other tools.
After this course attendees will be able to:
• browse the kernel source code
• create and use proc, sysfs, and debugfs files
• create a variety of Linux kernel loadable modules
• describe fundamental functionality of the kernel memory, network, process, and other subsystems.
• use a variety of kernel debugging configuration features
• use GDB with the kernel
• profile the kernel for various performance characteristics
The course is 4 days.
The workshop materials include comprehensive student workbooks and lab exercise content.The workbooks also contain all of the slides used in the course as well as hands-on lab exercise instructions.
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.