Silicon Valley Machine Learning Message Board › My early-stage startup is looking for an experienced programmer with ML skills
Palo Alto, CA
Please contact me if you are interested in getting in at the ground-level of an exciting startup.
We are an early-stage startup with seed funding. We are building a cloud-based platform that enables an application running on a smartphone, desktop, or car to deliver user-selected content through an eyes-free listening experience. The audio is generated from written source material that is synthesized commercially but preprocessed by AgiVox-developed algorithms for a great listening experience. We have a big-sky vision and an exciting beta product that will benefit tons of real people today. If learning and growing is important, then this is the place for you. We are open to telecommuting.
Senior Server and Algorithms Engineer
This position requires designing, engineering, and programming the Linux-based cloud computing servers. The job requires a problem solver who understands the junction of algorithms, web services, databases, and efficient server-client programming models. The candidate is expected to have the experience to take ownership of our current server implementation and continue to add new features and create future products. Incorporating machine learning algorithms will be a fundamental aspect of the job, so this is a great opportunity to learn this field if you are not already familiar with this area.
Although we have some seed funding, this is not a full-salaried position and the candidate will be compensated with salary and equity. We are flexible to part-time positions and telecommuting, although we are partial to candidates located in the Bay Area or Seattle.
• You are an experienced software engineer who wants to be in a startup environment. If you are low on experience and can show us potential and a willingness to learn, we will hire you
• You must be an independent worker who is capable of researching solutions to a problem, evaluating within time/quality/economics constraints, implementing the solution, and following through with a final evaluation as to the goodness of the solution
• You must be a very good programmer versatile in Python
• You must have some experience with web programming and be familiar with cloud computing concepts such as server-client interactions
• Your communication skills are excellent and you have the ability to communicate and work with telecommuting team members
• Familiarity with GAE and/or AWS is a plus
• You are not a “star” who can never be wrong
• You must be a CS major or MS CS
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org