Minigames and pickup games. Come play!
Bring comfy shoes for running and water (there are drinking fountains too).
Refuel with food and board games with us afterwards.
ALL ARE WELCOME! All athletic abilities, all levels of experience.
Skyfighters are also recruiting for[masked] quidditch season. We are starting signups now. First tournament: Berkeley in September. Let us know if you're interested!
Carpools available from Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and San Jose areas. Let us know in your RSVP by Thursday if you need a ride.
1. Be nice! We welcome all levels of players so understand some people are still learning! Ridicule and showboating are not our style!
2. Try to resolve any issues through friendly pointing out. E.g. : "Hey, you were hit." or "You can't tackle them; they don't have a ball"
3. If there is a conflict you can't solve on the pitch in a friendly way, talk to one of the captains (Matthew, Janos, or Dalia) and they will take care of the issue. DO NOT get in a direct conflict with the person.
4. Newbies: Know that your team, especially your beater or chaser partners, might shout instructions at you. Quidditch relies on communication. If you feel they are being rude or could communicate better, talk to them during water break and let them know for next time. You can talk to me or Janos to help out with this as well.
5. No recruiting for quidditch teams other than Silicon Valley Skyfighters Quidditch. This is a Skyfighters-hosted event, meant for pickup games AND recruiting to Skyfighters. Of course, it goes both ways: we will not poach quidditch players already on other teams who join us for pickup games. Let's keep this friendly!
So far our regulars already follow these rules because they are wonderfully nice people! But I figured we'd lay them out so we're all on the same page! Let's play some quidditch!