Sacred Heart Community Service (http://www.sacredheartcs.org) is an organization dedicated to bringing our community together to address poverty in Silicon Valley. Join 100 volunteers at their San Jose facility to get the agency ready to serve customers the following week. Saturday volunteers work either in the pantry bagging non-perishables, outside bagging produce, in the clothes closet sorting and hanging clothes or outside receiving donations. Please come with an open mind ready to help out in a variety of ways.
Here are some important information for all volunteers.
1. Every (FIRST-TIME) volunteer should fill out their online volunteer agreement before the shift.
2. Punctuality and parking are important. Allow extra time for parking. You MAY have to find street parking. PLEASE DO NOT PARK AT DENNY'S OR WENDY'S ACROSS THE STREET.
Here's a map <http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=San+Jose&state=CA&address=1381+S+1st+St&zipcode=95110-3431&country=US&latitude=37.317034&longitude=-121.874571&geocode=ADDRESS> to help plan.
3. Please ask to be directed to the volunteer office when you come in, which is close to the first street entrance.
4. Please wear comfortable clothing and you must have covered toes.
5. Volunteers will sort and bag food, or sort and hang clothes, or accept donation.
Feel free to contact me for any questions.
Aravind : [masked] or [masked]
NOTE:By RSVP’ing to this event, you are agreeing to Silicon Valley Volunteers’ waiver policy. Please go to your profile page and say “YES” to the waiver policy after going through it if you had not done so already. Click on “My Profile” at the top right-hand corner to go to your profile and then click “Edit Profile” to agree to the waiver.