Silicon Valley Microsoft Data Platform Meetup Message Board › Seeking amazing data architect for innovative medical practice in SF
San Francisco, CA
We’re seeking an exceptional technologist to join us in building the business intelligence platform that powers the re-invented Doctor’s office.
The Data Architect will be responsible for the overall architecture, development and maintenance of the data warehouse system and business intelligence platform. The successful candidate will provide strategic database best practices and policies on database design, replication, security, audit, backup and recovery methodologies. The Data Architect will also be responsible for the overall architecture, modeling & design, development, implementation, maintenance and technical support of the data warehouse.
• Provide technical leadership in all phases of project development life cycle including system requirements, logical and physical database design reviews, process flow analysis, capacity management, and availability management.
• Technical implementation and maintenance of the data warehouse (SQL Server), including maintenance of the persistence layer – i.e., operational data store, reporting warehouse, metadata management, etc.
• Integrate OLTP sources (MySQL) into the analysis environment (SQL Server/Tableau).
• Data modeling and ETL development for new and updated processes.
• Monitor and maintain data quality including data validation, cleansing/scrubbing, etc.
• Scale and support of both the OLTP and OLAP systems.
• Demonstrate self-reliance in researching technical solutions and product functionality.
• Analyze and document specifications, and develop stored procedures and functions for data cleansing, validation, processing and reporting.
• Expertise in all aspects of database administration of SQL Server 2012, including database engineering, architecture planning, capacity planning, database monitoring and troubleshooting, disaster recovery and high availability.
• Expertise in Data Warehouse architecture/design/build/maintain experience using SQL Server data warehousing.
• Excellent SQL skills with extensive experience developing stored procedures, functions, and views with focus on best practices for high performing queries.
• Experience in ETL development, performance tuning, and external data connection setup on the SSIS platform.
• Experience in data governance and data quality. Background on Master Data Services or Data Quality Services is a plus.
• Senior-Level experience in SQL Server 2008 R2 is mandatory. Experience in any/all of the following technologies is a plus: SQL Server 2012, Tableau, MySQL.
• Advanced knowledge of OLAP functions, development, and administration using SSAS.
• Experience in report development using the following technologies: SSRS, Tableau, Excel 2010, PowerPivot. SSRS Administration and Development is a big plus. Experience in working with different database structures (e.g., transaction based vs. data warehouse) focused on setting up star-schemas
• Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
• Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with engineering and business teams.
• Excellent track record of defining and meeting customer-facing commitments.
• MS degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
• 5+ Years DBA experience.
• 5+ Years data modeling experience.
One Medical Data Architect