Title: Data ArchitectABOUT SOCIALVISION
SocialVision is an angel-funded, innovative Berkeley-based startup whose premier product helps make online video a social experience. We help media companies monetize their existing content and increase ROI for advertisers.
Our mission is to make online television more fun and interactive by creating new social experiences around it. We are rapidly growing and working aggressively to meet pivotal timelines for major customers. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help architect and clearly define the application object model.
- Create database object relational model that can easily be extended later without changing database structure.
- Create clearly defined database API that is exposed to middle-tier logic. Write middle-tier logic in Java/PHP/etc. to expose service API for data access and update.
- Manage collection and storage of large volumes of new data (terabytes per month).
- Performance tuning of database according to usage needs.
- Architect warehousing and retrieval of data to support SocialVision’s 4-dimensional Viewing Parties analytics engine.
- Knowledge of building highly extensible and flexible data architectures for applications where the data that needs to be stored can change.
- Ability to think critically and with foresight about what may change in the future and work that into design.
- Experience with Object Relational Models for relational databases.
- Experience with data warehousing and information mining from large datasets.
- Possibility of ownership/equity of a rapidly growing company.
- Casual work environment with great flexibility.
- Work with high-caliber product team with a wide array of technologies combined in innovative ways – you will learn a lot!
Please email your resume to email@example.com
See all jobs at http://www.socialvisioninc.com/jobs.html