Update: Slots are filled and reservation is closed now.
This program is supported by Citystate Destinations
For some sentimental reasons, Mount Kinabalu holds dear to me and it is going to be my 4th consecutive climb and more to come. Some may argue it is not the highest peak in Southeast Asia but to be able to reach the heavenly summit standing at 4,095 metre above sea level, it is no small feat either and for that, you should give yourself a pat on the shoulder, really!
This climb will start and end at Timpohon Gate. High, no doubt; intimidating, perhaps so but we will be walking mostly on hard rock/path along the way - an easy climb, if I may say. Anyone who is generally fit (does not need you to be super fit) can easily make it to the summit, if not at least to the rest house at 3,353 metres high. However, acute mountain sickness (AMS) may kick-in on some as we climb up, which will weaken even the fittest ones. Therefore, it is always helpful to climb up slowly and steady to get acclimatised while keeping AMS away - no need to rush up. Point to note: Always listen to the instructions from your mountain guides, do not act on own!
This is a 4 days and 3 nights climb, however some may choose to extend one or two days more to enjoy other activities such as water rafting (recommended) and/or island hopping tour, among others. It is solely your decision.
I have opted not to take up another activity that can come with the climb, the Via Ferrata(iron road in Italian). The goal is for everyone to reach the summit and if Via Ferrata is included, some may have to choose either to go for the summit or do the Via Ferrata, and not both as there is a scheduled time to do the latter activity. Thus, it means waste of money for some. We will stick to our primary goal, i.e. to reach the summit instead.
- S$595 nett person (twin-sharing basis)
- S$765 nett person (single occupant)
Note: Malaysian climber to less S$34 per person from the above package price
- One (1) night accommodation at Kinabalu Park or outside Park (before the climb)
- One (1) night accommodation at the mountain hut <dormitory style> (during the climb)
- One (1) night at a 4-star hotel in Kota Kinabalu (after the climb)
- Meet-and-assist on arrival at airport
- Meals as per stipulated in itinerary shown below
- Mountain guide/mountain permit/mountain insurance/certificate upon completion
- Guide throughout duration
- All transfer
- Air passage
- Tips to guides and personal expenses incurred
Recommended Flight To Take:
- AK5302 depart on 2 Aug at 1030 hrs - Senai Airport, Johor to Kota Kinabalu
- AK1791 depart on 5 Aug at 1445 hrs - Kota Kinabalu to Singapore
This is the recommended flight which will allow us to make use of the full day on day of arrival to rest. Flight from Singapore will arrive in the evening. A combi will be arranged to transfer all to Senai Airport at Marsiling Station and this is not included in the package price. The cost to be advised later will then be shared equally.
Once you have confirmed your slot with us, please ensure that you have booked your flight too. This is separate from the land component here. The current airfare if you were to book for AirAsia now is about S$250 nett. Fare may rise as it nears to departure date.
2 Aug, Friday
- 0700 hrs - Meet @ Marsiling MRT station for combi transfer to Senai airport (not included in the package, the transport cost is to be shared equally)
- 0900 hrs - Check-in for AirAsia flight
- 1030 hrs - AirAsia departs for Kota Kinabalu
- 1250 hrs - Arrival
- 1330 hrs - Met on arrival by assigned guide and transfer to Kinabalu Park
- 1800 hrs - Check in at hotel followed by dinner and sleep early to prepare for climb the following morning
3 Aug, Saturday
- 0700 hrs - Breakfast at hotel and be ready for climb, lunch box will be given
- 0800 hrs - Introduce to mountain guides followed by briefing. Those who wish to engage porter for their bags/belongings may do so now.
- 0830 hrs - All will transfer to Timpohon Gate (at 1,829 metres) to begin the climb
- 1600 hrs - The last person should have reached Laban Rata Resthouse
- 1800 hrs - Dinner at Laban Rata Resthouse and rest early for the climb
4 Aug, Sunday
- 0200 hrs - Wake up and be prepared for the climb. Head torch is a must.
- 0230 hrs - Ready for the final push to the summit
- 0600 hrs - The first few persons should have reached the summit by then
- 0900 hrs - Back to Laban Rata Resthouse. Have your breakfast and ready to leave for the base
- 1700 hrs - We expect the last person to arrive at Timpohon Gate and once everyone is accounted for, we will proceed to Kota Kinabalu town for a night
5 Aug, Monday
- 0800 hrs - Breakfast at hotel and own activities follow suit
- 1200 hrs - Check out and transfer to airport
How to book:
- There are only 10 confirmed slots for this event and it is based on first-come-first-served only.
- You are required to place yourself on 'Waitlist' first.
- A deposit of S$300 has to be made to my POSB Saving Account,[masked]-6.
- Once you have done so, please send me a short text to[masked] and I will then move you to 'YES' list.
- Your full and balance payment will be made one month prior to the departure.
- Deposit is non refundable if you decide to withdraw but you can find a replacement at no extra cost. No replacement is allowed if it is less than 3 days prior to departure.
Final parting note: Training and briefing on what to prepare/what to do or expect will be conducted to prepare all for this climb. No worries about your fitness level now as long as you are prepared to take the first step forward - just do it.