Important: This reservation requires you to place on 'Waitlist' first and once payment is received, your organiser will then move you to 'Yes.
This is a scenic cycling tour of beautiful green Malaysia through kampongs, palm oil, rubber and maize plantations to Tanjong Piai National Park and sleepy town, Kukup. Tanjong Piai is the southern-most point of Peninsular Malaysia and southern-most tip of mainland Eurasia, largest continental landmass on Earth. Kukup, a 150 year old fishing village, is famous for its fish farms, seafood restaurants and houses on stilts.
This is the landmark at Pekan Nenas town where we will start our ride
What you’ll see and do - local village artisans at their craft. cruise and explore mangroves and fish farms, stay in a seafront chalet., visit a busy fish market, watch fresh catch coming in & lively fish sale & auction.
New road less travelled by cars to Tg Piai & Kukup
This is a fully supported ride with rest stops along the way. Maximum optional cycling distance 80 km over 2 days. You are required to bring your own bikes, spare tubes and repair kits.
Limited numbers only.
Price: S$228 nett per person
• Return coach fare : Singapore-Johor-Singapore
• Licensed Tourism Malaysia guide + experienced cycling expert
• Bike handling
• 1 night accommodation : Kukup seafront chalet (air-con, 4 to a room)
• 1 breakfast, 2 lunches (seafood, famous Pontian noodles), 2 dinners (BBQ, seafood), 2 afternoon snacks
• Entry into Tanjong Piai National Park - RM 25/person + certificate from Johor National Parks Corporation
• Front guide, support & safety back-up vehicles
• Energy drinks, mineral water, fruit & snacks on ride
• Sunset boat cruise
• Group Insurance…
Day One : Singapore - Pekan Nenas – Tanjong Piai - Kukup
0600 hrs: We meet outside Outram MRT station exit B (open compound near Pearl Bank Apartments)
0630 hrs: Coach departs Singapore for Pekan Nenas (Pineapple Town), Johor
0830 hrs: Breakfast in Pekan Nenas
0930 hrs: Roll-off on bikes from Pekan Nenas to Tanjong Piai (50 km)
1230 hrs: Arrive Tanjong Piai. Tour mangrove forest. Proceed to southern-most tip. Receive certificate. Light sandwiches served.
1330 hrs: Depart Tanjong Piai. Option - cycle (10 km) or hop onto coach to Kukup.
1400 hrs: Arrive Kukup. Seafood lunch served.
1530 hrs: Check into Kukup chalet. Afternoon snack served
1730 hrs: Sunset cruise to fish farms and around Kukup Island National Park
1900 hrs: BBQ dinner served.
2100hrs: Fun & Games - Karaoke, board games etc.
* 8 June is the new moon night, write your wishes on beautiful candle-lit sky lanterns and release them to light up the night heavens, or set off some fire works to accompany your sky lantern wishes. *
(Sky lanterns & fireworks are optional extras provided at the chalet)
Day Two : Kukup – Pontian town – Bukit Indah - Singapore
0800 hrs: Breakfast at chalet
0930 hrs: Check-out
1000 hrs: Roll off to Pontian town. Brief stops at Bugis Museum &
Pontian fish market (20 km)
1230 hrs: Lunch – Famous hand-made fishball & noodles, Pontian Fish Market
1330 hrs: Pontian to Jusco @ Bukit Indah via coach for shopping or massage
1730 hrs: Delicious seafood dinner at Orang Asli Restaurant
2030 hrs: Home sweet home.
Reservation & Payment Procedures:
- You need place on 'Waitlist' first
- Follow up with your full payment to either POSB Saving Account Number:[masked] or Standard Chartered Current Account Number:[masked]
- Once you have made the payment, please send me a short text to my mobile at[masked] and upon my acknowledgement, I will move you to 'Yes'
- There is no refund for backing out but you can find a replacement 3 days prior to departure
- Payment has to be made no later than 17 May 2013 or when all slots are filled, whichever is earlier
Please note that responsible steps have been taken to ensure this is an enjoyable, fun and safe trip for everyone. Nevertheless, scrapes and bumps and some itinerary changes do sometimes happen, and in signing up for this trip, you acknowledge this and agree not take judicial action on the organisers in those possible events. Thank you.