Important message from the organiser: You may find that you are unable to place 'Going' and therefore, assuming this trip is already full. No, it is not full yet unless otherwise advised by the organiser at later stage. You need to place on 'Waitlist' first and your organiser will move you to 'Going' once you have made the deposit payment. Please read the 'Reservation and Payment Procedures' mentioned below. Thank you for signing up!
Mongolia is a land-locked country in East and Central Asia which borders Russia to the north and the Inner Mongolia region of China on the south. The tour will bring us to the Inner Mongolia region on the Chinese side.
The entire population is lesser than our little red dot, about 3 million but it is the 19th biggest country in the world. When we talk about Mongolia, the great Genghis Khan will spring to mind and yes, we will be paying a visit to the Genghis Khan Mausoleum in the town of Ejin Horo Q.
Mongolia has never failed to wow many of us with its past glory, the nomadic lifestyle of its people and the beautiful vast grasslands.
This exciting tour program has a good mix of some soft adventures, drinking & feasting and sight-seeing tour, among others. The temperature in September is still very cool, 15 to 20 degree Celsius before it gets really cold in October - take full advantage of it.
Please note that this program is supported by Nam Ho Travel, a licensed travel agent in Singapore and group seats have been reserved with the airline. It is a definite departure.
The Program Highlights:
- Horse ride
- Camel ride
- Trekking through the great grasslands
- Feasting on 'grilled whole lamb'
- Sliding down the 'singing sand'
The Package Price: S$1,280 per person excluding S$310 airport taxes/surcharges
- Return air passage by Air China in economy class (international & domestic)
- 4 or 5-star hotel accommodation (twin-sharing basis)
- Full-board meals as per stipulated in the itinerary
- Activities as listed in the program
- Group insurance coverage
- Fully guided tour
- Coach transfer to all places of attraction/interest
International & Domestic Flight Schedule by Air China:
- CA970 departs SIN at 0015 hrs (15 mins past midnight) on 5 Sep for Beijing
- CA1103 departs Beijing at 0900 hrs (domestic transfer) on 5 Sep for Hohhot
- CA975 departs Beijing at 2330 hrs on 11 Sep for Singapore and arrival is on 12 Sep @ 0545 hrs
Check-in at Changi Airport is at 2100 hrs on 4 Sep, Wednesday evening
Day One (Lunch & Dinner)
- Arrival at Hohhot, capital of Inner Mongolia.
- Check-in at Hohhot Hailiang Plaza Hotel (5-star or similar).
- Tour around the Green City of Hohhot.
Day Two (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, visit some places of interest/attraction that include 'Wang Zhaojun's tomb - one of the greatest beauties in Chinese history, Inner Mongolia Museum, He Shuo Ke Jing Princess House and Yili Group Industrial Park, among others.
Day Three (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, check out and transfer to the vast grasslands of Xilamuren. We will be staying one night at the Mongolia's yurt.
- We will begin about 2 hours of trekking through the grasslands. We will meet some herdsmen decked up in their traditional Mongolia costume. We will also be riding on the horses under the guidance and trained eye of our Mongolia riders. Horse ride will take some 3 hours.
- We will get to watch up-close and personal, wrestling a-la Mongolia style and real horse racing.
- Our dinner is the 'grilled whole lamb' and campfire will be set-up near our yurts where we will be joining the locals in singing and dancing till the wee hours.
Day Four (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, check out our yurts and transfer back to Hohhot. We will stay at Baotou Tianlong Hotel(4-star type or similar).
- It is time to take it leisurely. Tour to Mongolia Handicraft Centre and Bao Tou Galaxy Square which is a rich historical and cultural heritage site.
Day Five (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, we will transfer to the desert to engage in another different kind of activity. Be mesmerised by the sound of the 'singing sand' and don't miss the chance to slide through the long stretch of sand dune. In the waiting, there is a camel ride too. We will witness a wedding performance by the Ordos tribe.
- There is a visit to the Genghis Khan Mausoleum.
Day Six (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, check out and we will take the domestic flight to Beijing. After checking in hotel, we will visit some famous Olympics sport facilities like the Beijing National Stadium (Bird's Nest) and Yingdong Swim Palaestral when China hosted the 2008 Olympics games.
Day Seven (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- It is free and easy for the entire day till transfer to the airport in the evening.
Program line up may be changed from time to time, subject to various conditions but tour operator will always keep us informed/updated as and when possible.
Reservation & Payment Procedures:
- If you are definite, you need to place on 'Waitlist' first. You can bring friend or friends along.
- Please proceed to make a deposit of S$500 to my POSB Saving Account (171-39681-6). After you have done so, please send me a short text to my mobile at 91998690 and I will proceed to move you to 'Going'. I need your full name and other details for flight reservation and accommodation. For full and final payment, it will be made on 1 August 2013.
- There is no refund if cancellation is made known to the organiserless than one month prior to departure. Alternatively, you can find a replacement. However, airline might levy a fee on name change.
- Some nationals may need visa to enter into China prior to departure, please do check with the Chinese embassy if you are not sure. Singaporeans do not need visa for China but passport must be more than 6 months to expiry.