NOTE & Update : This event requires payment in advance, so you CANNOT put yrself into ATTENDING list. The meetup rsvp on the right will hence always show "No spots left". This is incorrect. Spots are fully taken when the "attending" list hits 20.
What is this ?
This is the start of 4 introductory sessions to Pilates. (14th, 21st, 28th Aug, 4th Sep)
1. Basic Principles + Introduction to Pilates
2. Essential Pilates
3. Core Pilates
4. Essential + Intermediate Pilates
Note: It will be ideal to attend all 4 sessions as it gives you an overall experience on what Pilates is about & its benefits. However, if you are unable to, the first 2 sessions are the core basics which are recommended to attend.
Who is Suitable ?
- Those who have never done Pilates before, not sure whether you should commit to a regular session - experience it & decide later
- Those who have injuries and seen + gotten clearance from physiotherapists, can proceed to Pilates for further rehabilitation
- Those who have muscles tightness, pains, incorrect posture, this is definitely for you
- Those who wish to get fitter, toned up & improve on your strength/endurance without excessive bulk up in your body -> the ladies will love it!
About the Trainer
Noelle's passion started 10 years back when she got acquainted with the gym through a friend. She started with fitness classes and with limited knowledge, she hurt her back due to over-exertion and wrong posture.
She then decided to take up a Fitness Instructor Course with Singapore Sports Council in order to enhance her fitness knowledge. Her passion grew as she dwells more into fitness. Her back injuries also led her to learn more about Yoga & Pilates. She proceeded to take up a Diploma in Yoga & Stotts Pilates Mat + Reformer certifications. This enables her to understand more on avoiding sports injuries during exercise as well.
Currently, she conducts Circuit Trainings, Yoga, Pilates, Personal Training sessions and corporate classes at various studios and with her own private clients.
Our rsvp rules :
Please RSVP ONLY if you agree to our class' rules and commit to come for the class.
The class and studio's rule:
1. Be ON time : Please reach the studio latest by 6.50 pm. You will need at least 10 minutes to get changed, toilet visit, and settle down. You need to be seated in the class room latest by 7 pm as the class will start at 7 pm sharp.
2. How to secure your slot ? This is thru advance payment. So that no time is wasted on actual day (on collecting $) which should be focus on the teaching.
3. Waitlist do NOT equal to GOING : After you have made the advance payment, your name will be manually move into GOING list by the organizer. So kindly sms Noelle @[masked] after your payment with your actual name, meetup name, amount transferred & transaction number.
Please BE PUNCTUAL for lesson..
PLEASE DO ARRIVE AT LEAST 10 MINS BEFORE THE CLASS START TO GET PREPARED.
Class will start ON TIME and end ON TIME.
Studio usage is strictly from 7 to 8 pm as there is a class at 8 pm.
Things to bring :
Please do bring the following items:
1. Mat (mats are PROVIDED at the studio; bring only if you prefer to use your own)
2. Water (this is a must to keep yourself hydrated)
3. Towel (to wipe your sweat or clean up)
4. Attire (it is recommended to wear sports attire which are comfortable, stretchable & allows movement freely)
5. Extra clothes to change (if required)
520, North Bridge Road, Wisma Alsagoff
From Bugis MRT Station, proceed to Bugis Junction Toastbox and cross the road (The building is just directly across the road from Toastbox)
You can refer to the below link for the exact location.
For more questions, please sms Noelle @ 81272708.
Payment Details :
I will be renting a studio with a maximum capacity of about 20 pax.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour (class will start at 7pm & ends at 8pm sharp)
-> $60/pax for 4 sessions sign up
To confirm your participation :
you will need to make payment to my POSB Savings Account[masked]
When all 20 slots fully taken (Get the status of slots on event page)OR
by 31 st July 2013, 12pm and send me an sms @ 81272708.
After payment, Please sms & indicate your exact name, meetup name, amount transferred & transaction number. Once payment received, you will then be moved to the confirmed attendees list.
* Once payment made, no cancellation or refund is allowed. However, you may arrange for your own replacement.
* The minimum number to start a class is 10 pax. If we are unable to hit the minimum number, class may be cancelled and full refund will be given only in such an instance.
What is Pilates ?
Pilates emphasize alot on core strength. (Core is the deep, internal muscles of the abdomen and back). It focus on balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and body awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement. . It is a body conditioning routine that may help build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core or center, and improving coordination and balance.
Pilates has been used in people who suffer from back pain, osteoarthritis and posture related pain. It is also used extensively by dancers, cricketers and Olympic athletes in an effort to improve movement control and prevent injury. However, because the techniques are progressive it is also an appropriate form of exercise for beginners. It is also very common for people with injuries to proceed with Pilates after Physiotherapy.
Benefits of Pilates includes, but not limited to:
1. General Fitness
- Improves your posture
- Improves mobility and flexibility of the spine
- Delivers muscle tone and flexibility
- Promotes a more efficient and supportive core
- Increases stability for the pelvis and shoulders
- Fosters the health of joints through improved mobility and support from the surrounding musculature
- Complements training for athletes
2. Health Conditions
- Facilitates injury prevention and physical rehabilitation
- Builds better balance and coordination, particularly for the elderly
- Offers a safe and excellent form of exercise for ante and post-natal women
- Alleviates aches and pains
- Helps maintain and can improve bone density
- Develops the function and efficiency of the lungs with improvement in circulation
- Offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions, including Scoliosis, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, and Multiple Sclerosis.
3. Overall Well-being
- Makes you look and feel better
- Relieves stress and tension and promotes a feeling of well-being
- Expands body awareness
- Integrates mind, body and spirit
- Improves quality of life
"Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit." Joseph Pilates