Singapore Philosophy Group Message Board › Meeting on Saturday 7th april 4pm NLB cafe

Meeting on Saturday 7th april 4pm NLB cafe

Tim B.
user 24326772
Group Organizer
Singapore, SG
Dear Everyone in the Philosophy Meetup,

I want to apologize again for the mess-up on the venue last month - there was a muddle on the cafe name, and it looks as tho the reading I sent to some people wasnt so interesting, But this time will be different!

I am suggesting that we have a regular meeting time and place - obviously this is for discussion, but i suggest the first Saturday of the month at 4pm, and that it is always at the cafe under the Central Library ie at NLB on N Bridge Rd, between Bain St and Middle Road. It is outdoors but undercover, and they serve excellent cheap food and drinks.

We need to develop an agenda of topics, and it will be much the best if we start to maintain some continuity of membership. Really in the last 6 months only myself, Hope and Aloysius have been regulars. We we also may need to develop a way of keeping in touch directly outside of the Meetup system, which can be unreliable, I think. So please consider coming this Saturday if only for some of the time or let me know your thoughts vis this email, or best of all email me on timbunn25@gmail.com on your hopes for the group. We have well over 100 members so it should be possible to have a thriving and interesting community of people who want to talk philosophy!

PS on a personal interest note, I have done 3 "Philosophy Interviews" in the last 3 months and would like to do 2 more - these are very open-ended recorded discussions about whatever the person's own "Worldview" is, or at least some aspects of it. I am hoping to write this up without any names for publication at some stage in a journal, and would like 2 more participants, preferably who are not Christians (those interviewed so far were all Christians, as it happened).

If anyone would feel able to give me an hour during which I can listen and ask questions about your worldview, i would be most grateful.

Tim Bunn

Hope of Savior '.
user 14263728
Singapore, SG
Post #: 12
Hi Tim,

I do agree with you Tim that we must put in some effort to make this an interesting group.
Count me in...

You can have my worldviews but beware that those can be totally outrageous hahaha

Cheers,
Hope