The Singapore Quantified Self Meetup Group Message Board › Next meetup: Monday, 16th July

Next meetup: Monday, 16th July

Ciaran L.
ciaranlyons
Group Organizer
Singapore, SG
Hi everybody,

So Meetup.com just emailed me to say that July 16th is the six-month anniversary of Quantified Self Singapore. Which is perfect, because that's the date of our next meetup!

Lots of changes to the format this time, so read on...

In July, Singapore plays host to the Connected Health Asia conference [www.connectedhealthasia.com] which asks the question: how do we transform healthcare delivery in an age of rising healthcare costs and a rapidly greying population?

Quantified Self types will feel that we can already answer that question, and that the answer is mobile, mobile and mobile. And luckily for us, we will have two international speakers who agree: Dr. Pam Yoder and Sahil Handa. Introducing...

=== SingaporeQS 05: mHealth Edition ===

Monday, July 16th, 7pm
The Hub Singapore, 113 Somerset Road 
$10 (inclusive of drinks, see below)

What to do for mHealth?
Dr. Pam Yoder shares 30 minutes of highlights from presentations in Paris and Singapore

How to develop mobile apps for the health-challenged
Sahil Handa shares 30 minutes of his insights

Dr Pam Yoder is the Chief of Engagement for HealthTap [healthtap.com] and is an eHealth pioneer and mHealth launcher. At HealthTap, an Interactive Health Network that connects over 10,000 of North America's best physicians with users, Pam helped with the search algorithm, ontology, gamification and outreach during exponential growth phases. She helped launch two of the top health information websites as the first and only women’s health editor for WebMD and a founding chair of healthy living for Revolution Health.

Sahil Handa, Entrepreneur and Mobile App Developer, is on his way to LinkedIn to be a software development engineer working in account security. He recently graduated from the University of Illinois as a James Scholar honors student with a major in Computer Engineering and a minor in Business. Sahil has numerous skills and experience in software engineering with a focus in mobile application development. He and his associates have won a Microsoft Hackathon and are currently involved in creating a powerful mHealth application that gives patients an easier way to remember and access information about their medications.

---

Thanks to our friends at The Hub Singapore, we have a new space to play with. So we're going to run a bar with both red and white wine, and a selection of beer. Admission will come with either 1 glass of house wine or 2 cans of beer - can you say fairer than that for $10? I think not!

I know we have some poor students in the group and I don't want anyone to miss out, so we will be sponsoring a limited number of free tickets to the event. Get in touch with me directly [ciaran.lyons@gmail.com / 97956169] if you require a free ticket.

Look forward to seeing you all again in a couple of weeks - please do spread the word!
Ciaran

p.s. to all of the SingaporeQS group that supported UP Singapore with your time, ideas and enthusiasm, thanks so much! It was a great event that really blew away our expectations - you are all cool cats!