The Singapore Quantified Self Meetup Group Message Board › Thanks for coming to the potluck, and a special invitation

Thanks for coming to the potluck, and a special invitation

Ciaran L.
ciaranlyons
Group Organizer
Singapore, SG
Hi gang,

Two things today, because I am a bad and forgetful organiser. Read on!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to Thursday's meetup - the eighth and final of 2012. For everyone that IGNORED the 30 person limit I put on meetup.com - thanks, that was really awesome! Seriously - let's raise the limit for the next one, I think we can handle it. I think we had around 36 people, a whole host of new faces and plus-ones and I really enjoyed meeting you all.

And well done too bringing all the food! I don't think we've ever seen such a feast in The Hub before and it was all pretty delicious. I missed out on the lasagna and the bean salad with all the excitement, but I got great reports as to their tastiness!

Thanks to our speaker, Christian, and congrats on having a fully funded Kickstarter project. Go fund him some more and harass him to add in some stretch goals: http://www.kickstarte...­

Okay, secondly: while Juliana wasn't able to make it to the meetup, she has kindly invited the group for a private session to talk QS and have a look at their super-cool new device, Tinke (smartphone-enabled HRV & pulse-ox meter), at their offices in Biopolis on 19th December.

If you are interested in attending on Wednesday evening from around 7:30-9pm, do let me know by replying to this email. This session is a special invitation for SingaporeQS, so I don't want to put it on meetup.com - you must reply to me, okay!

There will be four or five people from Zensorium there, eager to hear your questions and to have a freewheeling discussion around what QS means to each of you. Also, there will be pizza!

Thanks a million to Juliana and team for the invite (and apologies for my being so late to pass on the invitation). Please RSVP be Tuesday afternoon to secure your spot, yes?

I know I said only two things, but to wrap up, I just want to thank each of you - all 182 members and around a dozen speakers over the past 10 months. Thanks for coming along to check out the meetups, thanks for all your questions, and thanks for being a very cool, interesting and uncynical bunch. You're an ace group and I'm happy to have met you all and look forward to seeing you all again in the new year (or this Wednesday at Zensorium!). And if you haven't made it to a meetup yet, what are you waiting for!?!

New QSers (and there are a lot of you), shoot me an email and tell me what you think about the group and the meetup. One of the curses of being an organiser is that you never get enough time to talk to everybody, so do ping me with thoughts and questions.

Alright, enough from me - take it easy, stay safe and we'll see you all in 2013!
Ciaran

p.s. if you want to come to check out Zensorium's Tinke and eat pizza on Wednesday, hit reply and let me know!