addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Singles & Single Parents Message Board › Board and Card Games

Board and Card Games

A former member
Post #: 4
I guess someone has to start this. wink At least a couple of other people expressed interest in doing some games. I had thought we could meet at someone's house but JR mentioned people's concern with letting in strangers. So I tried to think of a place to meet.

I was by Barnes & Nobles in Beavercreek the other day and asked the manager about them having groups in. We are perfectly welcome to meet there, back in their corner where they've got some tables set up. I would even be willing to host something and set everything up (if JR will let me), but I'd want to get people's interests and views on this.

As for the games, one idea I had was to see what people like and then schedule a different game (or games) each night. Like Spades one month and then Trivial Pursuit the next, something like that. I'd also need to know what kind of nights people are available, and the night can change so different people can come.

I don't care if it starts quiet - as long as at least 3 of us show up the first time. tongue And the manager said he's had things that started really small like that and grew. As a note, we also don't have to go to Beavercreek - that was just my preference. He said there's one by the Dayton Mall.

Let me know what you think!!
A former member
Post #: 5
I guess I should add that I personally have (besides a deck of cards) Pictionary, Sorry, Monopoly... and also Scrabble and Backgammon in case only 2 people come. biggrin Unfortunately the rest of my stuff is on the computer.
A former member
Post #: 20
kay,
Think its a great idea, especially @ B&N. I'll bring the Mao cards & rules, if you want to do that. Just post a meetup w/directions, details & date, & I'll go.
JR
A former member
Post #: 6
Oh dang, how do I say this diplomatically? I give up, so out with it. tongue I didn't really think the Mao sounded like my cup of tea. (Although Uno would be fine.)

Of course, if anyone else is interested in that, but doesn't want to drive south, B&N would be a great place for you to set that up!
A former member
Post #: 21
Kay,
Scheduled a card nite @ B+N in Miamisburg in Nov.-I know its a ways off but Sept + Oct are a real mess for me. check it out on this Meetup or Single, Widowed & Divorced Parents of the Miami Valley.
JR
Barbara B.
user 73964272
Springfield, OH
Post #: 2
I realize this is an old post, but I just joined the group and have yet been able to make a meetup. Beavercreek is a lot closer than Dayton for me and I love board games and cards! If this is still an option I would love for it be a meetup once again! Also, I would like to throw in Bunco! Great fun game to play with lots of people.

Thanks