addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
user 6727964
Mendham, NJ
Hello Everyone! Thanks again for taking time out from your busy week to have a little fun time in nature. I see there are a few very heavy duty hikers ... cool! Well, I for one am not going to elect to climb Mt Hood or Mt Everest but I do like a nice hike in nature. For you hard core hikers - please - why not arrange a big hike and invite the group? That would be just fantastic.

Brrrr, it got cold this AM didn't it. I guess it is inevitable, the autumn weather followed by ( ugh ) winter. I think I suffer from some sort of sunlight deficiency thing ... it just does not do me much good, the shorter days, getting up and coming home from work in the dark :( I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Alaska each summer over the years. If you have been to Alaska in summer you know the sun sets at about 11:30 PM pops below the horizon then rises again at midnight! Well, the reverse happens too - and gets worse the farther north you go or, for example, in Whittier Alaska the sun is still out but pops behind a big mountain in November ... not to show again until February sometime! Alaska is a place of extremes! A great place to visit though!

I am looking forward to meeting you on Sunday! And, as you might be able to tell, I enjoy reflecting a bit of life by writing! So, I decided to try to write a little each week. Oh, on topics like being single, life, the economic global crisis and parenting, pets, relationships and metaphysics! No, seriously, I like to write and more importantly, I like to LEARN. I wish I could right now write about YOU and things that interest you most.

This "meetup" is not all about me, John.

While this bit if newsletter-ish thing here seems like it, this meetup is not about me. One person wrote me saying "Gee there are many more women than men and that is good for you and not so good for us women". I like that person! But, this is also not about the male to female ratio or "instant" gratification and "hookups". It is more about expanding your social horizons, having some fun, enjoying the company of others and learning and growing. Personally, I met one of the most fantastic fellows from a meetup, a smart, very aware, like-minded guy with whom I share a lot of similar character traits and that alone is waaaaaaaaaaaay worth more than the price of admission! I did not go to that meetup "looking" to meet a same sex buddy and certainly neither did he. Life just happens and you meet the right people at the right time, no? Does not everything happen for a reason? :)

This Sunday

I picked this place because the hike is "just right" for someone that does not hike every day. Personally, I wear sneakers. No need to bring your rock climbing gear, your tent, shotguns, canned goods or compass! It is though a nice hike!

Unfortunately Kathy, this groups co-organizer cannot make it due to having to work!

I do though, have my daughter this weekend and she of course will be there with me. I also believe some other people from outside the group will be coming as well, complete with some kids. If you have ever seen a kids eyes get as big as saucers when you hear a strange sound coming from the forest, it too is priceless! A fun thing to do with kids and have them "earn" native nicknames ... trout fin, gentle rain, white cloud ... but please no "running bears" ... hah hah

I'll bring some water and something like tangerines for all. Feel free to bring some snack or something to share, nothing fancy or expensive but most likely it is good enough to just bring yourself!

Upcoming Meetup This Sunday

I met some fantastic people at Kat's Singles group meetup. Kat herself is a great person and for those that really care, the numbers of people attending and the number of "men" attending is also higher. Her gigs usually revolve around bars though which can be a blessing or a curse depedning on what you think the bar scene is all about.
At any rate, Kat has a meetup scheduled close to the Morris eare at South City Grill in Mountain Lakes. Generally, her meetings are in the more central and more east area, like close off the Garden State Parkway to the Bridgewater area. So, my friend Kathy and I decided to see what South City Grill is all about. Now, Kat tries her best to make introductions and the like but does not always get around to everyone - my point - it is a lot more comfortable if you go to one of her meetups ALREADY KNOWING A few people. It seems her meetups typically result in the formation of little "cliques" anyway ... so please, if you want to experience this meetup by all means join us! Following is the group meetup site. Join the meetup and RSVP to the calendar event on November 13th ...

A nice way to meet someone from "online"

Online dating has eveolved from once suspect and thought of as unusual to mainstream. Certainly you are not single until you tried Match or Yahoo personals or some of the others .... like
I venture to guess any way is a good way to meet someone but, those online venues usually cause some people anxiety. Is a first "meeting" really a "Date" and if you do not delcare it just a "meeting" is a "date" by default? It can get confusing especially if you do not set some parameters. I have a suggestion - why not invite your new contact to one of our meetups? It's a public place, other wingle people, the pressure is off and if they are interested in meeting you they certainly would not have a problem doing that. If on the other hand they had other less forthright intentions, perhaps they'd shy way from meeting in this manner! I have invited a few people I have met online to various meetups!

It's not all about me, I swear, it isn't but ...

But I do not have a whole lot to write about. Here's some "Stuff" about me though - feel free to use it for fueling a conversation in the future with me! Global Financial Crisis - did you know that yours truly escaped the mouth of the proverbial lion not a few months back? I mean I was one of those unlucky people who worked for one of Wall Street's prestigious firms Bear Stearns and Co,. Inc. Yup, I witnessed fortunes lost in a matter of hours and the whole thing fall apart despite attempts to save it. I do not want to tell you what I lost personally from a financial point. But luckily, I am now a JPMorgan associate so they did a good thing by picking up Bear at bargain basement prices! Not all of my friends and esteemed associates made out as well. And working for JP / Chase is a whole nother ballgame ... bigger, better and more treacherous, many more rules, as you might expect from a gigantic corporation. I guess we were lucky at Bear to be the first to go ... otherwise, we might have ended up like most of Lehman Brothers ... gone with no continuation of pay or severance packages. So, I have been involved in one way or another with the big meltdown for many months before the one that took everyone with it! Not to be an alarmist but .. some sages say there are some problems ahead - it is far from over! We'll see. What else can I tell you as fuel for a conversation. I've always been involved in some form of self-directed growth of a spiritual nature. Currently, I study authentic Kabbalah! No, not the pop Kabbalah of Madonna fame ... not even close If you are interested just please ask! I love deep sea fishing. I think I racked up many thousands of hours on the open sea over the years. I have not been able to do a lot of it lately ... I am re-learning how to juggle time to make for enjoyable time! Maybe when my daughter gets older she'll also want to learn about the sea. Oh, and I like to write ... I'm sure there is a good book roaming around up in my head somewhere, just wish I had the time! Oh Gosh, there's a lot more ... maybe I will bore you to tears in another newsletter!

Hedden Park

A nice little park nestled in the middle of suburbia. You'll see. The hike itself, starts over some rough terrain, there are trails but laden with rocks. I suggest just wear comfortable shoes, long pants ( I am wearing jeans and sneakers ) . I'm not a hike-aholic but this one hour + hike takes you up a mountain that does take com exertion to get through it. Afterwards, some fun park activities, ball, frisbee, some tangerines, oranges, water and healthy snacks!

for directions http://www.morrispark...­

We will be meeting at the Ford St. parking area at the end of the road on left is parking spaces.

I spoke to some of you over the past few days ... looking forward to meeting you

Hope some of the "maybes" turn into "yeses" - that would be nice and do not forget, invite anyone you want!

And here is my cell 201 486 7957 - please call for whatever reason ! Feel free

Remember, this is YOUR meetup group, I'm just the organizer so feel free to get more involved and recruit more friends!