align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
John
user 6727964
Mendham, NJ
Hi, first, I must apologize for not having enough time to organize a few nice hikes. And second, in an effort to become much more healthy, I'm walking daily what amounts to 3 or 4 or more miles ... at a local park - at Horseshoe Lake in Roxbury ... if anyone is interested in forming a small group to walk, can be early am, evening, ehwatever. It's a nice park like setting, paved walkways, lighting, lake, etc.. so far so good, been there every day. Fun way to keep fit and lose a few pounds. Just let me know, if interested. I will tell you, the first walks of 5 or more miles left my legs hammered, but now, I cannot wait to walk, feel so much more energy.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm in Long Valley - Roxbury is nice and close - I'm in !!!!
John
user 6727964
Mendham, NJ
Post #: 29
http://www.mapquest.c...­

The first everyday walk happened tonight. It was not bad. The very nice gentleman Joe from the group and I walked 3 entire laps ... almost 2 hours worth ... it was not bad, plenty of lights, many people in the park and nice and flat walking.

Instead of all these mails, I'll just post about this on the message board.

You are more than welcome to begin walking - personally, I'm going to attempt to do it daily. I am not sure, it's probably 5 or 6 miles but you can do one lap or half even if you want to work your way up to longer. It was good!

Will be there at Horseshoe Lake tomorrow, Thursday, 5:30 PM ... bundle up, it's gonna get colder ...

Where: the parking lot off Eyeland Ave at the Roxbury Municipal building, far right parking area near basketball courts. There wer soccer and football games going on, plenty of people around and smooth sailing.

Here's the map http://www.mapquest.c...­

My Cell 201 486 7957

Also willing to walk at other times if it's better for your schedule. ...

All further info posted on Bulletin Board on group site at meetup.