OCTOBER IS NATIONAL DOWN SYNDROME AWARNESS MONTH. Join us for an evening of fun, food and spirits as we raise money to benefit The Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia!*
The Event Includes:
-The private billiard lounge reserved just for us!
-FOOD the ENTIRE event!
-Coupon for 1 free hour of pool on your next visit!
-Coupon for 1 free appetizer on your next visit!
-GREAT Happy Hour specials on every drink imaginable (including mojitos and martinis)
-Raffles for some great prizes!
Come out and mingle with guests, friends and members of Singles in the Suburbs while helping to support this most important charity!
$10 donation (in advance via PayPal, or at door)
For more information on The Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia visit http://www.dsanv.org/.
*The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia is to ensure that all individuals with Down Syndrome, and their families, receive the support necessary to participate in, contribute to and achieve fulfillment of life in their community.
There are more than 400,000 people living with Downy Syndrome in the United States. Down Syndrome is the most commonly occurring chromosomal condition. One in every 691 babies in the United States is born with Down Syndrome.
The Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia:
• Helps families adjust to the birth of a child with Down Syndrome;
• Provides individuals with Down Syndrome and their families with educational, financial, medical, legal and social support and resources;
• Provides social and educational events for individuals with Down Syndrome and their families to meet, interact and learn;
• Increases community awareness of the capabilities and contributions of individuals with Down Syndrome;
• Provides financial support to families in need with donations of durable medical equipment, educational toys and similar items;
• Supports local organizations that provide services to individuals with Down Syndrome;
• And much, much, more!
(Our last event at Iris Lounge had over 135 attendees in attendance. Let's BEAT that!)
20% of the proceeds go to costs of running the event/Meetup Group and the remaining 80% goes to the DSANV!!
It doesn't matter which group you RSVP through because all are joining together to help raise money for The Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia. JUST DON'T RSVP IN MULTIPLE GROUPS PLEASE :)
Hope you can make it out!
Iris Lounge is always a great time and this is a fabulous cause!