THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL EVENT - THERE IS NO WHERE TO MEET.
This is a weight loss challenge to both become fit
AND support The Washington Humane Society!!
This just marks the start of Pounds for Pets
and provides a place to express interest!
If, after reading the below, you want to participate, please RSVP yes and I will e-mail you directly!
What is POUNDS FOR PETS?!
Many of you know that, last year, I was selected to be a fundraising model for Fashion for Paws (to benefit The Washington Humane Society)! I raised the minimum $5,000 (thanks to your attendance at Stray Cats & Puppy Love)!
Well, I have again been selected as a fundraising model for 2013 Fashion for Paws (to benefit The Washington Humane Society)!
As such, I must again raise a minimum of $5,000 for WHS - and I am free to raise this money any way I imagine! So, I've created this Weight Loss Challenge! I figure it's a win-win! We lose weight and help support WHS, a truly fabulous organization!
HOW IT WORKS: (Note, the team is limited to 16 members - and we currently have 5! So there are 11 slots!)
1. The competition starts January 14, 2013 and ends March 14, 2013.
2. On January 14, 2013 you will weigh-in at the gym that we have pre-selected and produce (for my eyes only) a certified statement from the gym as to your starting weight.
3. On March 14, 2013, you will weigh-out at the same gym (and hopefully on the same scale) as where you weighed in and, again, produce (for my eyes only) a certified copy of your weigh-out weight.
4. At any time between now and the weigh-out date, you will solicit donations from individuals and/or companies. These people will pledge $X for every pound you lose. (For Example, Susie Smith pledges to pay $2 for every pound you lose). There is a $1 minimum for a pledge, but no minimum you must raise.
5. You will have between March 14, 2013 and March 21, 2013 to ensure that the individuals who pledged, pay their donation. The BEST way for them to do this, is by remitting their payment directly to my Fashion for Paws fundraising page (the link to be provided to you all at a later time). This is the ONLY way they will get their tax deduction from the WHS.
The other way they can pay, is to pay you directly and you, in turn, remit paymetn to the WHS. However, this means YOU will get the tax write-off for the donation. It is important they know this.
Therefore, the best way to get people to pay is to have them submit their payment directly to the link I provide (or, you work with them to fill out the information and make a payment directly through that page with their method of payment).
6.I am working with gyms, nutrition companies and fitness businesses to provide our team with some great resources during this competition! Products, nutrition counseling, seminars, etc. All of that will be announced as its secured.
7. You need to register on a certain site that I will provide after you RSVP yes. There is a $10 fee that you need to remit to me via paypal (which I in turn pay to the site. The site charges $10 a participant. This can be your contribution to the cause!) I will give more instructions on that later. This site is a way that we can individually monitor or progress and see how our team is doing. NO ONE sees your weight but you. The team simply sees your progress. We can use tools and discussion boards to motivate each other and keep track of our donations!
8. I will be providing a sheet for you to use to solicit donations. Please update me weekly on the donations that have been pledged so I can keep a running estimate of what we are to raise. I will be providing this sheet within the next week.
9. I have set our team up so we are competing against each other as to percentage of weight loss (this way, no matter what your weight or how much you have to lose, everyone is on equal footing)! The team's BIGGEST LOSER will receive a special prize at the end of the competition, to be announced later.
If you have any questions, please contact me at [masked]
Stay tuned, as I will be e-mailing you with the donation sheet and to select your gym for your weigh-in. In the meantime, please fill out your profile here.
Thanks again everyone! I think we have the ability to meet, or even exceed, the $5,000 minimum!!