addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Singles Intrepid and adventures Social Group Message Board › Adverture weekend @Bright

Adverture weekend @Bright

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi everyone, following our fun and enjoyable time canoeing/kayaking down the yarra on Saturday just past. I suggest an adventure weekend in Bright. The caravan park is right next to the river. What can we do there? We could canoe/kayak down the river, cycle to Myrtleford (easy, flat cycle track), bbq in the evening, and sneak in a pub visit :-) . Those who wants to camp can bring along their tent, or share a cabin. At this moment i'm sending out a feeler to see who & how many would be interested to participate. We're looking at Saturday, 11th Feb 2012. Please RSVP so that we know whether to proceed with booking accom or not.

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi,

I'm interested in going along for this weekend. Would it be okay if I walked to Myrtleford instead? How far would it be to walk? Would anyone join me?

Karen
Meagan
user 2889227
Ballarat, AU
Post #: 2
Hey - glad you put this up - sounds exciting. I am keen. I will bring my canoe and am happy to walk rather than ride - we could make it a combination trek :)
A former member
Post #: 1
yes i wouls be intersted too!
A former member
Hi all,
Please count me in.
I will pitch my tent to safeguard other people from my snores :)
Bright to Myrtleford is 30 km one way so I will bike instead :)
Would have loved to canoe but could not find an operator who can rent them out.
http://www.cyclepath....­ has bike hire options.
Cya
A former member
Hi Michelle,

I would be interested, depending on the activity (I don't have a bike or helmet, unless we can borrow/hire) But do keep us posted, sounds like fun. :)
A former member
Sounds great I would be in that!
A former member
Post #: 3
Hey, it’s great to see a good response. So far 6 members are interested..........fantastic!!!....but the door is still open for more who are interested.....as the saying goes, 'the more the merrier' :-)

Ok...walk......from Bright to Myrtleford, as Naveen has mentioned, it’s about 30km (45mins cycle) one way. From what I gathered, already there are members who are interested to walk...so there wouldn't be any problems having partners. However, I will also try and seek other operators to rent bikes & canoes/kayaks. I will keep you guys update on status.

For those who are interested to come, I proposed a $10 non-refundable deposit. This is to avoid sudden decrease in attendance which would impact on accommodation and etc. Also, 31/01/2012 as the cut-off date for confirmation of attendance.

In the meantime, I will get in touch with the caravan park and will keep you posted.
Maya W.
user 2660672
Melbourne, AU
I am definitely interested in joining this trip and looking forward to it being a great way to have some exercise and have fun at the same time.

With regards to the walk, I think the distance seems a bit daunting and it would definitely be more practical to ride the bike. I will keep checking this link for an update on the gears hire and other details of the trip
Wendy
user 33505002
Melbourne, AU
Hi

Thank you do much for org this trip! Count me in!! I will be interested to share a cabin, and to cycle and/kayak as well!!

Cheers