BECAUSE WE'RE COOL, TOO. . .
What does it mean when we say someone is cool? Cool carries a social charge of rebellious self-expression, charisma, edge and mystery. "American Cool" will feature 100 photographs of icons who have contributed an original artistic vision to American culture and are symbolic figures of their time.
DIY (Do It Yourself) AFTER PARTIES
After viewing this highly anticipated photo show, we will break into groups, based on your interests. Please see suggestions below.
2-2:15 PM - Meet in Kogod Courtyard. (Please do not meet in the Lobby.)
2:15 PM - Proceed to exhibition.
3:15 PM - Reconvene in Kogod Courtyard.
3:30 PM - Leave for After Parties.
IDEAS FOR THE AFTER PARTIES
For those of you who would like to . . .
• EAT PIZZA! Ella's Wood Fired Pizza @ 901 F Street, NW
• ENJOY GLUTEN FREE, VEGETARIAN, OR VEGAN DINNER (& DRINKS) Oyamel Cocina Mexicana @ 401 7th Street, NW
• TRY INNOVATIVE SMALL PLATES Zaytinya @ 701 9th Street, NW
• HANG OUT AT A NICE BAR Legal Seafoods @ 704 7th Street, NW
• STAY AT THE MUSEUM & CHILL (That's me! I have another event at 5 PM.) Courtyard Cafe at the National Portrait Gallery
I welcome your suggestions and invite volunteers to lead the groups. Leave your comments below or email me: http://www.meetup.com/Singles-Soirees/suggestion/